• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Squirrel Cooker

Bushcraft Rob

Very Addicted
How many use one of these when out, well tidy bit of kit, stows away in your bergan, adjustable in height over the fire, yes a similar type of thing can be made whilst out but this will last a life time
Squirrell Cooker.jpg

The stew in the pot looks, tasty mate,...........I see a fishing rod in the picture did you.............................................................no....................................................I wont bother asking:sneaky::whistle::D

Once, when fishing I saw this..... The chaps obviously left their stand at home... But them fellas where dead keen fishermen, they still had a line going into the water!

Thought it was so clever, I made a replica!

BTW, this photo was taken his past weekend (1 - 4 March 2018) at our camping forum get-together. I did a display of camp cookers and cooking stuff... The rest of the stuff in the background is some of my other cookers and stuff...

fishermans friend.JPG

Once, when fishing I saw this..... The chaps obviously left their stand at home... But them fellas where dead keen fishermen, they still had a line going into the water!

Thought it was so clever, I made a replica!

BTW, this photo was taken his past weekend (1 - 4 March 2018) at our camping forum get-together. I did a display of camp cookers and cooking stuff... The rest of the stuff in the background is some of my other cookers and stuff...

View attachment 12887
Hmmm are you cooking for I or 100 mate

Morning Joecole. hehehe

Oh That! Yip it's a display of my collection, over some 30 odd years of colecting different stoves / portable barbeques / cookers and other related cookware at our local camping forum get-together at a game park last weekend....

I got some pretty interesting stuff, some of it would only be relavent in SA but non the less...

For what it's worth here are some pics, amongst that lot is a cobb cooker / a self made stew pot out of a SA Army issue military helmet / a modern verson of the ancient clay charchoal cooker / and on and on......

BTW, and ironically, i only cook for me Hehehehe. I just have fun

But I don't want to even think of hijacking this thread, If there is something you're courious about I'll post a thread...

Attachments

• cookers hobo stove.jpg
    cookers hobo stove.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 20180212_122008.jpg
    20180212_122008.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 169
  • maxi Tele 082 855 0226 Mail shorty@shortyadventures.co.za Maxi pot.jpg
    maxi Tele 082 855 0226 Mail [email protected] Maxi pot.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Staaldak & cooker 01.jpg
    Staaldak & cooker 01.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Staaldak cooker.JPG
    Staaldak cooker.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 213
  • stompie & rice ball.JPG
    stompie & rice ball.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 205
  • stompie ash tray.jpg
    stompie ash tray.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 193
  • vintage pitch kitchen 2 plate stove.jpg
    vintage pitch kitchen 2 plate stove.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 191
  • rocket stoves collection.JPG
    rocket stoves collection.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 186
  • skottle and handi-braai collection.JPG
    skottle and handi-braai collection.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 200
  • massed collection.JPG
    massed collection.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 207
Morning Joecole. hehehe

Oh That! Yip it's a display of my collection, over some 30 odd years of colecting different stoves / portable barbeques / cookers and other related cookware at our local camping forum get-together at a game park last weekend....

I got some pretty interesting stuff, some of it would only be relavent in SA but non the less...

For what it's worth here are some pics, amongst that lot is a cobb cooker / a self made stew pot out of a SA Army issue military helmet / a modern verson of the ancient clay charchoal cooker / and on and on......

BTW, and ironically, i only cook for me Hehehehe. I just have fun

But I don't want to even think of hijacking this thread, If there is something you're courious about I'll post a thread...
That's a very nice and varied collection Dodat, so your a magpie who just likes to collect:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Impressive collection Dodat.......it's nice you take the time to set it all out at your meets for others to see.

Like stepping back in time for many I expect.

Thanks Joe & One

Yip! a magpie! gotta see my tent & shelter collection EEK...

Then there's my weekend getaway hideout..... Gotta see all the bit's and bob's I got there... I'll put that up somwhere... when I find the right thread...

One, EXACTLY..... That white stove for example, There isn't a salty caravanner in SA that has not had a meal made for them on one of those.. The number of people who reminiced about that.... All bringing back "the good 'ol days"......

And that stew pot made I from an army helmet.... got many of us chatting about the good old army days back in the 70 - 80's

Also got a few Ewwwwwwwwwww's when I explained that, during transport, the trucks don't stop, so if ya gotta go ya gotta go :poo: and the helmet.... Well that's the answer.... get's passed down to the dude at the back who dumps the "load" over back then it get's passed all the way back to you.....the Then you get to the bush camp and after some sand and some water and it's your cook-pot:rofl::rofl:

But yes... memories.... and good ones I might add.

I like that....:thumbsup:

Again, if there's something yu spot & want a bit of a yarn... give me a shout... I'm happy to do so.

Regards.

Thanks Joe & One

Yip! a magpie! gotta see my tent & shelter collection EEK...

Then there's my weekend getaway hideout..... Gotta see all the bit's and bob's I got there... I'll put that up somwhere... when I find the right thread...

One, EXACTLY..... That white stove for example, There isn't a salty caravanner in SA that has not had a meal made for them on one of those.. The number of people who reminiced about that.... All bringing back "the good 'ol days"......

And that stew pot made I from an army helmet.... got many of us chatting about the good old army days back in the 70 - 80's

Also got a few Ewwwwwwwwwww's when I explained that, during transport, the trucks don't stop, so if ya gotta go ya gotta go :poo: and the helmet.... Well that's the answer.... get's passed down to the dude at the back who dumps the "load" over back then it get's passed all the way back to you.....the Then you get to the bush camp and after some sand and some water and it's your cook-pot:rofl::rofl:

But yes... memories.... and good ones I might add.

I like that....:thumbsup:

Again, if there's something yu spot & want a bit of a yarn... give me a shout... I'm happy to do so.

Regards.
Out and about would be a good place to put a thread about your week end hideaway Dodat

Back