• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Expired Stanley cook set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam

Extremely Addicted
I had one couldn't get on with it iirc @Madriverrob got it ?

Edit I wonder how it would fit with the firebox plate though hmmmmm

Damn it, might have to hit the button then ?

I like it for a day trip or the like, I nestle it with a steel mug and fill it with various other 'gubbins', boil water in it for a coffee then back on to do the packet pasta or noodles etc, simples. :)

I did buy a cheaper and slightly smaller version but it wasn't tapered at the bottom so didn't fit into the steel cup. No one right way to do it though is there ?

I like it for a day trip or the like, I nestle it with a steel mug and fill it with various other 'gubbins', boil water in it for a coffee then back on to do the packet pasta or noodles etc, simples. :)

I did buy a cheaper and slightly smaller version but it wasn't tapered at the bottom so didn't fit into the steel cup. No one right way to do it though is there ?
Is this still up for sale @Bam

Never mind I'm being brainless, didn't click the link before asking
No worries mate.

Its been my most used cook set over the last year or so (admittedly its been a crap year for getting out), I do like them. I know Paul had an issue with the plastic on his lid but I swapped it for a similar lid without the plastic and it works fine. I can't find what I've got but there are things like these that look pretty good too.

750ml Pot Lid & Handle Cooking Camping Cookware Mug Cup Campfire Picnic Hanging | eBay

Smurf has something similar and no issues with it.

Edit to add - mine are more like this.

800ML Stainless Steel Camping Cookware Pot Cup Water Mug Lid Handle and UK I5P6 | eBay

After yesterday, mine now looks like this :)
Thanks for the suggestions

2021-01-21 18_18_07-Window.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back