• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Starting Early. . . Growing Fruit, Vegetables & Herbs (2017 season)

Seeing those poor Tomatoes there crying out for nutrients is heart wrenching :(
Rather see them go to the pan happy and healthy......... after being sliced in half with a sharp knife....as you say.....cruel:D

Seeing those poor Tomatoes there crying out for nutrients is heart wrenching :(
Rather see them go to the pan happy and healthy......... after being sliced in half with a sharp knife....as you say.....cruel:D
Just chuck them in whole bill with a few chilli flakes and a bit of garlic and let them break down slowly

WHAT:eek:.....and ruin the taste of a lovely natural Tomato.....sacrilege.
Fry them till they are brown and flip them on some nice toast!!

WHAT:eek:.....and ruin the taste of a lovely natural Tomato.....sacrilege.
Fry them till they are brown and flip them on some nice toast!!
No mate they have to be treated to extra flavour and a bit of love

Last edited:
20170730_082014.jpg

I'm not saying my marrows are big this year but it's the first time I've needed to use a wheel barrow to move them

Actually if you hollow them out you could make a lovely pair of camp slippers.....dont forgrt them by the way.....rest the feet:thumbsup:

Actually if you hollow them out you could make a lovely pair of camp slippers.....dont forgrt them by the way.....rest the feet:thumbsup:
Also Bill (and I learned this from my dad who was a pow for 5 years) you keep the marrow until its aged a bit, slice the top off and scrape out the seeds. suspend it from a tree in full sunshine, thread a length of pyjama cord up through the bottom and into the hollowed out space. now the good bit, fill the marrow with brown sugar which will liquidise and drip down the cord into a container underneath. The natural yeasts in the marrow ferment the liquid sugar and the end result is rum

Back