• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Stoeger rifle

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
As very newbie shooter the grouping not so good only at 40 ft, but will be adopting a very strict approach this year and have learned that even the smallest of changes make a big difference at the business end, lots of practice and will be investing in some better pellets when possible. A decent video is on way as i could not find one on youtube for the rifle that I have

Attachments

• P1280023.JPG
    P1280023.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 113
  • P1280024.JPG
    P1280024.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 102
  • P1280025.JPG
    P1280025.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 100
get your self some quality domed pellets ...they will make a massive difference :)

I'll be honest with you, those groupings aren't too bad for a springer. A bit more practice to tighten them up a little and soon you'll be getting those groups at 25-30 meters. If you want greater accuracy you may need to consider a pre charged rifle to eliminate that little jump from the spring suddenly decompressing and then slamming to a stop. You have to be realistic about what you can expect from any rifle, to put it in context my .22lr can hit a thumb tack at 75 meters and get a 2 inch group at 100 but by 300 meters it won't hit a bin lid.

Nice grouping :D

Try some H&N pellets through it đź‘Ť I had a similar stoeger and they worked a treat :D am sure the domed heads for the H&N pellets are called barracuda (could be wrong)

I’ve used the barracudas in a pcp and they grouped nicely but dropped like hell. I certainly don’t think I could recommend them in a springer given their weight. Any of the JSB or AA dome headed pellets are well worth a try and although they’re not one of the widely shouted about pellets I’d also give the bisley LRG’s a try. My rifles really pellet fussy but I can knock 2p’s down all day with those at 50-60 yards (mines an R10 pcp so a bit different rules) :)

Nice grouping :D

Try some H&N pellets through it đź‘Ť I had a similar stoeger and they worked a treat :D am sure the domed heads for the H&N pellets are called barracuda (could be wrong)
just ordered some, decent air rifle pellets are hard to find in France and don't want to pay too much postage from the UK, still can't find any sovereigns

Back