• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

STOP SMOKING 2019

If you have a problem with smoke, you should use only dry standing wood for your fires. Even that should be dried out next to the fire before burning it.

At home it is helpfull to clean the chimney from time to time.
@Erbswurst Are you joking or did you not realise this was about smoking Tobacco products? Made me laugh anyways 😂

@Ystranc
Sound words mate 👍 And your bang on the money with “mind set” I’m a big believer in a strong mind. My choices have been made buddy. Lose the weight and get healthy through weight training and cardio. Then quit the smoking totally! Am not replacing it with anything. Cold turkey lol
@Erbswurst Are you joking or did you not realise this was about smoking Tobacco products? Made me laugh anyways 😂
Well going through a bad patch so the vape is working overtime but I have to fight through it

...and soon you'll be running around your beautiful mountains like a mountain goat. No coughing, sweating and wheezing for you...been there, done that and it feels good.

Oh a cant wait......been a number of years since I’ve been fit enough to do that

Work have given me a stress ball 😂

Keep at it guys it gets easier.........I gave up the fags proper about 3 years ago.......mind you I do have the odd cigar and rare cigarette now and then.
Funnily enough normally when around the campfire.
Been using a vape for a good while now and it makes life easier......no REAL inclination to start on the fags ever again........in fact I find the smell and taste is revolting now if I am honest.

Good luck to you all.....it is very worth the effort.

Keep at it guys it gets easier.........I gave up the fags proper about 3 years ago.......mind you I do have the odd cigar and rare cigarette now and then.
Funnily enough normally when around the campfire.
Been using a vape for a good while now and it makes life easier......no REAL inclination to start on the fags ever again........in fact I find the smell and taste is revolting now if I am honest.

Good luck to you all.....it is very worth the effort.
thanks for your ongoing support Bill:)

As an ex smoker, quit about 4 years back, a few hints

Remove EVERYTHING from the house, place of work, car, garage etc, that means lighters, ashtrays, rizlas , anything to with smoking.
If you do get a bit anxious St Johns wort herbal medication might just help you chill a bit, better to use at night might make a bit sleepy so careful driving.
Take a picture of your teeth and use a bleaching toothpaste, surprising how quickly it can change
Use a peak flow meter, cheap off eBay or you can get your GP/ Practice nurse to take a reading.
Falling off the wagon is part of it don't beat yourself up too much
If you feel you might start to weaken have a jar off fag ends in there with some water, instead of reaching for a fag take a whiff that will put you off.

you defo feel better, but watch the food you do taste a lot better.

I am doing Dry January and I will admit I was tempted to get the beer out after working on the Veg patch but still going OK

@Woodlander
Usually smokers smoke one package per day.
The addition is like that:
24 hours - 8 asleep = 16 hours.
Every hour the nicotine has to be refreshed, because it leaves the blood during one hour.

Nobody smokes 13 cigarettes, everybody 16 to 20.

The other 3 or 4 cigarettes in the package are smoked with a special action like leaving home or office, having a coffee, telefone is ringing and so on. They are additional. If nobody calls, this cigarette stayes in the package.

After you reached the 16 cigarettes, leaving the additional away, then next step can be to reduce the nicotine dose per cigarette.

Different brands contain a different amount of nicotine. For example round about:
Marlboro red 0,8
Marlboro lights 0,5
Philipp Morris 0,4
Phillip Morris No1 only 0,1

If you smoke 16 cigarettes of Philipp Morris No1 the amount of nicotine is identic with two Marlboro red !!!

With that system or thinner hand rolled cigarettes you can slowly reduce the nicotine, keeping on smoking one per hour, untill you think in end about, that counted in red Marlboros, you smoke only two a day, but not as a shock but on a constantly level, which just is next to nothing .
That works good.
(If you do not start smoking again like me...)

Should you fall back, buy a Philipp Morris No1 and smoke only one. So the damage is low, far lower than smoking a red Marlboro.

Last edited:
@Woodlander
Usually smokers smoke one package per day.
The addition is like that:
24 hours - 8 asleep = 16 hours.
Every hour the nicotine has to be refreshed, because it leaves the blood during one hour.

Nobody smokes 13 cigarettes, everybody 16 to 20.

The other 3 or 4 cigarettes in the package are smoked with a special action like leaving home or office, having a coffee, telefone is ringing and so on. They are additional. If nobody calls, this cigarette stayes in the package.

After you reached the 16 cigarettes, leaving the additional away, then next step can be to reduce the nicotine dose per cigarette.

Different brands contain a different amount of nicotine. For example round about:
Marlboro red 0,8
Marlboro lights 0,5
Philipp Morris 0,4
Phillip Morris No1 only 0,1

If you smoke 16 cigarettes of Philipp Morris No1 the amount of nicotine is identic with two Marlboro red !!!

With that system or thinner hand rolled cigarettes you can slowly reduce the nicotine, keeping on smoking one per hour, untill you think in end about, that counted in red Marlboros, you smoke only two a day, but not as a shock but on a constantly level, which just is next to nothing .
That works good.
(If you do not start smoking again like me...)

Should you fall back, buy a Philipp Morris No1 and smoke only one. So the damage is low, far lower than smoking a red Marlboro.
Very good information Erbs

I went to a tobacco shop in a calm time and watched all the packages of all the brands.

I found between the international brands I told you several small brands, some from germany, which I guess you can't find in your shops in Britain.

In this time the amount of nicotine per cigarette was printed on the german tax sticker or directly to the package.
(Today I think it's necessary to ask the factory per e-mail.)

I found

I took the time.
I didn't want to set myself under stress.

I came from 0,8 and changed for 3 or 4 weeks to 0,6.

Than I changed to 0,5 for 3 weeks, after to 0,4 for a longer time, let's say 6 weeks perhaps. Because this was the half amount of nicotine my body was used to for years that was the hardest step to be fine with this.

I took the time and waited till I was really fine with this.

Than 3 weeks 0,2 and 4 weeks 0,1 and than I stopped smoking but I alowed me to smoke one of this ultra light from time to time, why not?

And then one day I simply stopped it totally without any problems.

(I fell back to smoking in an extremely stressy life situation which I do not wish to get the experiance to my worst enemies.
I think, if this wouldn't happen I wood have stood clean without any problems.)

(Attention: That doesn't work similar with alcohol after an extended time of misuse. Drinking alcohol usually has to be stopped from one day to the other and 100%. That is the easiest way with this.)

Tha
I went to a tobacco shop in a calm time and watched all the packages of all the brands.

I found between the international brands I told you several small brands, some from germany, which I guess you can't find in your shops in Britain.

In this time the amount of nicotine per cigarette was printed on the german tax sticker or directly to the package.
(Today I think it's necessary to ask the factory per e-mail.)

I found

I took the time.
I didn't want to set myself under stress.

I came from 0,8 and changed for 3 or 4 weeks to 0,6.

Than I changed to 0,5 for 3 weeks, after to 0,4 for a longer time, let's say 6 weeks perhaps. Because this was the half amount of nicotine my body was used to for years that was the hardest step to be fine with this.

I took the time and waited till I was really fine with this.

Than 3 weeks 0,2 and 4 weeks 0,1 and than I stopped smoking but I alowed me to smoke one of this ultra light from time to time, why not?

And then one day I simply stopped it totally without any problems.

(I fell back to smoking in an extremely stressy life situation which I do not wish to get the experiance to my worst enemies.
I think, if this wouldn't happen I wood have stood clean without any problems.)

(Attention: That doesn't work similar with alcohol after an extended time of misuse. Drinking alcohol usually has to be stopped from one day to the other and 100%. That is the easiest way with this.)
That seems like a very well thought out plan Erbswurst

Back