• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

STOP SMOKING 2019

I went to a tobacco shop in a calm time and watched all the packages of all the brands.

I found between the international brands I told you several small brands, some from germany, which I guess you can't find in your shops in Britain.

In this time the amount of nicotine per cigarette was printed on the german tax sticker or directly to the package.
(Today I think it's necessary to ask the factory per e-mail.)

I found

I took the time.
I didn't want to set myself under stress.

I came from 0,8 and changed for 3 or 4 weeks to 0,6.

Than I changed to 0,5 for 3 weeks, after to 0,4 for a longer time, let's say 6 weeks perhaps. Because this was the half amount of nicotine my body was used to for years that was the hardest step to be fine with this.

I took the time and waited till I was really fine with this.

Than 3 weeks 0,2 and 4 weeks 0,1 and than I stopped smoking but I alowed me to smoke one of this ultra light from time to time, why not?

And then one day I simply stopped it totally without any problems.

(I fell back to smoking in an extremely stressy life situation which I do not wish to get the experiance to my worst enemies.
I think, if this wouldn't happen I wood have stood clean without any problems.)

(Attention: That doesn't work similar with alcohol after an extended time of misuse. Drinking alcohol usually has to be stopped from one day to the other and 100%. That is the easiest way with this.)
What works for you is great, I have cut down by using a vape which gives me limited nicotine

Yes, it is a very good strategie, which can be used by every body in every normal life situation.

People who change from two packages per day over night to zero usually have been shocked by a doctor.That works too, of course.
But to stop from one day to the other without any strong outer reason isn't so easy I think. That could work good perhaps as a holyday project.

Good to hear you are still battling on though mate.........every day is an accomplishment......well done YOU 👍:)

By the way:

Looking at one of my colleagues I got the impression that for him smoking cigarettes was healthier than steaming with an electronic cigarette.

But I'm not sure about it. May be that he became ill with another reason.
(Because the gui is an Idiot I avoid to speak with him, if possible...)

By the way:

Looking at one of my colleagues I got the impression that for him smoking cigarettes was healthier than steaming with an electronic cigarette.

But I'm not sure about it. May be that he became ill with another reason.
(Because the gui is an Idiot I avoid to speak with him, if possible...)

Hi Erbs.

If you dislike him that much...........................buy him a pack of Cigarettes :whistle:🤣

I think about filling a mixture of cokain and arsen in his steam mashine before he starts driving a longer distance...

(But somehow it isn't so easy to buy this.)

Yes, it is a very good strategie, which can be used by every body in every normal life situation.

People who change from two packages per day over night to zero usually have been shocked by a doctor.That works too, of course.
But to stop from one day to the other without any strong outer reason isn't so easy I think. That could work good perhaps as a holyday project.
That didn't work on me, after attending the autopsy of a smoker I continued smoking completely unperturbed. Just before my 30th birthday I stopped, I threw away my tabacco and stopped.

My mother gave up by accident! She admitted to smoking 20 a day but l reckon it was more. lf she woke during the night she had to light up; she couldn't get out of bed in the morning until she had a cigarette and a cup of coffee; we had to sit upstairs on the bus 'cos you could smoke there in those days. How did she give up? She realised she hadn't had a cigarette for quite a while and decided to see how long she could go without one. At no point did she say she was giving up smoking but she hasn't had a fag for 45 years, all by accident.

How is everyone getting on with their attempts? I'm starting Wednesday. Health taken a downturn and need to give up. On patches and the quick mist mouth spray.

When I was managing a farm, my stockman impressed me with this: he nominated a stop date and made sure every one knew it, but he wasn't going to stop until the date he specified, And he did.

You've got to want it, and you've got to want to see how bad you smell,🤣:eek:🤣
As a retired medic., that medical/health stuff everyone knows, but it doesn't cut it. Ego and vanity help, though!!

My best wishes seriously to those that want to, and do, stop!

Back