• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Storing logs.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
For those who store their own logs for winter and dread the task of splitting them have a look at this.

So easy and quick :thumbsup:

:rofl:......get the tools out Jefft.

Its a clever idea and takes all the axe swinging out of the equation.....ideal for the less fit and in advancing years.....or just those who like the easy life:thumbsup:

You could certainly get a LOT of logs processed in a very short time:thumbsup:

Wood-Beaver-Firewood-Processor-New-2014-_57.jpg

I used to use a hakki pilke machine very similar to this when I was delivering firewood, might be a bit too heavy duty for you lot stocking up for winter though :rofl:

It works off a PTO shaft, so the tractor alone should be annoying enough :)

Its a nice machine Moh.........ohhh ....but the colour :cool::rolleyes::rofl:
That would cost a pretty penny not doubt.......clever bit of kit though.
That takes care of actually sawing the logs too by the looks of things:thumbsup:

Nice Cario:thumbsup:

How many logs do you think you could split with that in an hour?

The results can be different as these machines can be from 4 ton to 8 ton of power. The most home used here is the 4 ton model. But i don't know how many logs could be split in an hour.

The 4 ton is able to split a 30/37cm long and 25 cm wide dry log in about 11 seconds (in average).

The on i used had a conveyor belt that i would put a stripped tree trunk on, it fed that to a guide that stopped it going further ( making you get your log size. You then had a chainsaw blade that cut the ringlet out and dropped it into a trough, in the trough was a pneumatic press that pushed the log against a splitting blade, the logs were then dropped out onto a conveyor belt that dropped them into the trailer. It worked as fast as you could, the worst bit was timber that wasnt straight, so you had to wrestle it into the cutting area and knotty wood that got stuck in the press. That and muddy wood that messed up the saw blade. No job has ever made me as angry as that one at times haha

I can see the pit falls with the multi task units Moh.....and the frustration that comes with them. :D
Its no wonder they show nice straight and clean log's in the pictures :rofl:

I can see the pit falls with the multi task units Moh.....and the frustration that comes with them. :D
Its no wonder they show nice straight and clean log's in the pictures :rofl:
Not to mention the fact that In the pictures they are all very thin logs, when in reality I was being made to push through sections that were nearly as thick as the hole where the saw sits.

Back