• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Storm Ciara.

Its lashing down now and the missus has nipped out to get some yeast to make some bread. Mwah ha ha ha.
If she had popped in here I have loads of yeast and flour in the cupboard OR you could have been a gentleman and gone out for her :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the sh*t gets deeper, the felt is stripping off my shed roof which means all my camping gear is getting soaked. The roof itself is buckling under the weight of water which means emptying the shed, jacking up the roof and screwing in support struts

hopefully it hold joe

Been out in it and it's not as bad as they made out, hope she drys up and gets lost by tomorrow, I have the neighbours fence to build and I want the job done so I can paid and buy myself some new kit!
You're one of the lucky ones then Jon, it seems strange that with all the havoc going on that there are little pockets of relative calm

South staffs here and in all honesty a bit breezy and it chucked it down a bit after lunchtime but we seem to have missed the worst of it . I could try and post a picture of an empty plastic dustbin that blew over if anyone's interested.

We had a similar happening with the windward side of one of my sheds during the Autumn storms, after re-felting it I put vertical battons along the edges and up the roof to hold the felt down in future.
Once the wind gets under the edge of the felt it's done for. Hopefully your stuff will survive but the forecast is poor until the weekend. Good luck with it Joe.

We had a similar happening with the windward side of one of my sheds during the Autumn storms, after re-felting it I put vertical battons along the edges and up the roof to hold the felt down in future.
Once the wind gets under the edge of the felt it's done for. Hopefully your stuff will survive but the forecast is poor until the weekend. Good luck with it Joe.
Thanks Mike, great minds think alike the bungalow next to mother in law is having a new roof fitted so I can get any amount of roofing baton

The wind which was Southerly earlier has gone Westerly. Local Maritime Station is showing 27 knots with isolated gusts to 50 knots, So, steady Force 6 (strong breeze) with just occasional gusts to Force 9, (Gale) which for February is not exceptional. Had two power cuts in the last hour but each was as if someone had flicked a switch off then on again, about 1 second duration. I hope those getting damage or a battering don't suffer too badly. The Nautical forecast is that it should ease from fairly early Tuesday morning here in the West. :thumbsup:

Back