• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

STOVES

@lol

Great find and use of mate...... Bonus that the holes are are already there.
The more holes the better..... Plenty of air to feed the flames.

For £1.99 that is a cracking twig burner.

Good job!!

I have 2 somewhere a small and a larger one, question @lol why are you using it upside down ? every other one I've seen used and indeed when I use mine I have the open end to the top, any scientifical reason :)

Reactions: lol
I have 2 somewhere a small and a larger one, question @lol why are you using it upside down ? every other one I've seen used and indeed when I use mine I have the open end to the top, any scientifical reason :)

Was wondering myself but whatever works.

I think traditionally used the other way so you can fit a pot inside the strainer and adjust the height and therefore temp using tent pegs ?

EAAB08AB-3040-421F-94E1-AC4EA73DF380.jpeg
F8765118-EFA9-494E-8426-AA098783EB6C.jpeg

2 reasons....

1/ stability...on one model it was not parallel sided
2/also a built in/on griddle pot stand from the base
3/ I don't have a round pot/billy that would fit within the burner...….and....

4/ I didn't think of it!!!

However the plan to line the interior with a second one to encourage "gas burning" didn't really work, so I cut the bottom out and with a couple of pegs use it as a grate to encourage airflow under the fire...worked well 👍

so so scientific...:rolleyes:

…….actually Bopdude, with your pot stand- I like that a lot!- you can feed from the top and no need to cut a twig feed out!!

Well it's not my pot stand it's Rob's :) but yes exactly that, I shall pinch the idea as well ;) and thanks for the explanation /s :D

Reactions: lol
So it was!! Sorry both of you!!

Explanations??? Waffle more like! it got edited into 4 reasons...………:whistle:

Back