• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

STOVES

I have a hankering for a Trangia set lol, been watching a few Youtube videos and it's making the itch worse :D

For years the Trangia was my fave, these days I'm much more of a stove slut.

Reactions: lol
I've had and used just the burner for a few years, never had the set, I'm looking at the 27-8 UL looks nice.

I've had and used just the burner for a few years, never had the set, I'm looking at the 27-8 UL looks nice.

Ha, I've gone the other way, quite partial to the pots and wee frames, especially if bothying, nice and compact. I've had my Trangia set about 30 years, they are brilliant sets. Daft as it sounds, I'm probably just bored with it and enjoy the options.

I have a hankering for a Trangia set lol, been watching a few Youtube videos and it's making the itch worse :D
MM used to sell 100% genuine army ones with spork and a load of sundries (mine) for about £13, and it really does work very well for one or two people.....I often take it on a cold day in the canoe, rather than a thermos.....
However the prices now seem to have doubled for a Mil-Tec combo versions without all the extras. No problems there and they work well and still very cheap compared to the woodburners I've been asking about... The newer ones don't have the handle lock, which locks the bigger cook pot handle to the side keeping it cooler and aiding pouring, though.
Everything packs within itself, and I must admit, I wouldn't be without it.

Of course one can get bigger and more modern trangias, the 25 and 27?
I bought a cheap Aldi copy a few years ago, but the pan holders are not secure, and the burner is smaller...….hmmmm :(

Last edited:
Ha, I've gone the other way, quite partial to the pots and wee frames, especially if bothying, nice and compact. I've had my Trangia set about 30 years, they are brilliant sets. Daft as it sounds, I'm probably just bored with it and enjoy the options.

Do you mean the tri stand thing, does it work well with pot's and a frying pan ?

EDIT: or the pot stand windbreaker thing, that looks nice.

Reactions: Bam
Now I do like that idea, @Matt have you used it, if so does it work well and can you use the simmer ring with it ? this could be a viable option with a decent windbreak.

Now I do like that idea, @Matt have you used it, if so does it work well and can you use the simmer ring with it ? this could be a viable option with a decent windbreak.

yes mate it works a treat and takes a fair size frying pan with out the risk of topling over .... simmer option does what it says on the tin (works as it should ) ...

like you said if in a windy or open area a wind break would be good .... i just used a few rocks to block the wind :)

Do you mean the tri stand thing, does it work well with pot's and a frying pan ?

EDIT: or the pot stand windbreaker thing, that looks nice.

Yeah, that sounds like them. I've got a couple different sizes, obviously I try and use the wider ones with bigger pots and vice versa, I usually take 2 pots and one of each, gives you options.

Outdoor Camping Picnic Cooking Alcohol Burner Stove Bracket Stand Triangle Rack | eBay

I've not tried the chunkier ones with the windshields but a standard 'panel' windshield works fine. I've also got a couple of these although I haven't tried them, they look less stable.

Outdoor Camping Picnic Cooking Alcohol Burner Stove Bracket Stand Triangle Rack | eBay

Not sure if mine are titanium or not but I didn't pay anything like 13 quid for them, think they were a couple quid each.

Yeah, that sounds like them. I've got a couple different sizes, obviously I try and use the wider ones with bigger pots and vice versa, I usually take 2 pots and one of each, gives you options.

I've not tried the chunkier ones with the windshields but a standard 'panel' windshield works fine. I've also got a couple of these although I haven't tried them, they look less stable.

Not sure if mine are titanium or not but I didn't pay anything like 13 quid for them, think they were a couple quid each.

Love the way they stress light weight and then charge £4 postage!

Dude, get a Trangia 27, small enough for one person to pack, ignores wind, cooks really well.

Got a UL version but am loyal to the standard aluminium kit. The kettle is great, the lid lets you store the burner in it and its wide enough to use as a cooking pot. For £14 delivered you may as well buy
which fits the set.

Back