• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Stoves

Hi everyone :)

Hope you’re all having a nice start to the week. As a lot of you know, I’m just starting out with camping and ordered a gas stove from amazon thinking it would be ideal (posted a pic) However when it’s came it’s pretty heavy. When I eventually go wild camping I would like something lighter. Do you guys have any recommendations? Obviously nothing really expensive as on a budget.

Thanks

Amanda :)

Hi
Them stoves are not to bad to be honest.. used one a few time when I was out fishing. Still have it in the shed (somewhere lol). As mentioned. It’s best to keep the wind of it with something. I’ve used a few stick with a jacket as a wid beaker (not the best option for safety but you get the jist )

Personally I think it would be great for you to start of with.. A little heavy as you said but the more you go the more you know :thumbsup:

Agree about the trangia..I use the trangia triangle ,mess tin and a wee kettle for days on hills or in forest,often when camping use the old school trangia cook kit as its bomb proof........also buy five litres of meths on line to save that extra penny ot two.......and yes I am very young:)

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_124628.jpg
    IMG_20181210_124628.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20190211_112711.jpg
    IMG_20190211_112711.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 88
You’ll never guess what??!!! I’ve just got myself a brand new Trangia 27 with pans and spirit burner for £23 including postage 😬😬😬 Someone was selling it on gumtree and I’ve paid them via PayPal and they’re sending it via Hermes today. Now is that a bargain or what?? 😬😬😬 Now I just hope I can actually carry it 😂😂😂

You’ll never guess what??!!! I’ve just got myself a brand new Trangia 27 with pans and spirit burner for £23 including postage 😬😬😬 Someone was selling it on gumtree and I’ve paid them via PayPal and they’re sending it via Hermes today. Now is that a bargain or what?? 😬😬😬 Now I just hope I can actually carry it 😂😂😂
It's feather weight Amanda

Super result Amanda, if it has no kettle with it

TRANGIA KETTLE FOR 27 COOKER (325) | eBay

If you get the urge to run it on gas Mini Portable Stainless Steel Propane Gas Stove Split Type Burner for Camping | eBay which slots in place of the meths burner.

The gas burner has a pre heat tube and it burns the propane/butane mix canisters, and the propane/butane/isobutane mix canisters but kick off burning meths :)

Alternatively if there's no kettle, put the frying pan/plate bit on top of one of the pots and you get the same thing, the pot grip still works. ;)

Back