• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Stoves

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:... not you fault at all ...staff,s fault for letting it wander off :rolleyes:;):thumbsup:

🤣🤣🤣 nah lol. I’ll take the blame haha. I’ve already been warned and then took the convo away from stoves 😋 but hey .... I did bring it back to stoves in the end 😂😂

Yeah will be taking food 😂 and have a water bottle lying around. Already have a lighter (on the list) but will get some matches too or Callie just use the lighter and a twig :p
Fondue set? Cuddly toy? Toaster? Ironing board?......
😃
Stove????

Set fire to something, put a dead animal on it,go for a walk and Bob is your auntie's niece twice removed...
Call it a stove......

dare i bring this thread back to life 🤣🤣🤣...

just had my new stove delivered .. i went for 1 of these

Outdoor Camping Cooking Big Power Split Stove 3000W Gas Burner Butane Burner Camp Cookware for Camping Hiking Backpacking Picnic: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

i managed to get 1 from this seller for £16 as the box was damaged.... anyways when it turned up i was very pleasantly surprised at the build quality ... what a fantastic bit of kit ... ive been looking for a "cold" weather stove for a long time and ive just found out it can be run on all kinds of liquid fuel (if you have a pump bottle ) ..

well happy with the stove :thumbsup:

dare i bring this thread back to life 🤣🤣🤣...

just had my new stove delivered .. i went for 1 of these

Outdoor Camping Cooking Big Power Split Stove 3000W Gas Burner Butane Burner Camp Cookware for Camping Hiking Backpacking Picnic: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

i managed to get 1 from this seller for £16 as the box was damaged.... anyways when it turned up i was very pleasantly surprised at the build quality ... what a fantastic bit of kit ... ive been looking for a "cold" weather stove for a long time and ive just found out it can be run on all kinds of liquid fuel (if you have a pump bottle ) ..

well happy with the stove :thumbsup:

THANK YOU, YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED ! :whistle:

Hate seeing other folk get new toys, 'snot fair. :crying:

I'm on a self and wife imposed ban due to poverty, doing well too. In fairness, there's nothing I actually NEED but what's need got to do with it when there's so much 'shiny shiny' out there.

2a5xrt.jpg

The pre heat tube over the burner means you can invert your canister in winter, butane/propane mix works fine, butane/propane/isobutane works a bit better but the twin gas mix will work fine in UK winter temps. Looks to be a great gas stove but that burner is not great for liquid fuels (you need a fuel bottle AND a pump). See the difference in burner design here

BRS-8 Portable Multi Fuel Backpacking Camping Picnic Stove Oil Gas Furnace J8R5 635946515662 | eBay So, IMHO, great gas stove at a good price :)

heres the tech stuff for the stove

Description:
Brand: Bulin
Model: BL100-T4-A
Material: aluminium allo and stainless steel
Size: 95*95*110mm
Net weight: 386g
Total weight: 480g
Power: 3000W
Ignition: autoignition

Features:
❧Material: The furnace is made of aluminium alloy and stainless and steel, very strong and sturdy.

❧Ignition: High-energy ceramic piezoelectric ignition ensures the ignition successful and quick.

❧Efficience: Big preheating tube makes the fuel fully burn.

❧Foldability: Foldable large support keeps it more steady and to support much load.

❧Sutogamy: Oil pump or oil bottle is needed and the stove can also be used as an oil stove.

❧Convenience: Mini size with collapsible bracket, comes in a small box for convenient carry.

so i,ll be looking to get a Bottle with a pump so i can run different fuels if needed

To be honest Matt you'll pay more for the fuel bottle and a pump than you did for the gas stove. IF you want multifuel options then I'd send the stove back and get the one I linked and keep the gas stove as just another stove. For liquid fuel they will burn paraffin but need a lot of pre heating with meths. Burn naphtha fuel such as panel wipe which primes faster than paraffin and is odorless . 5l of panel wipe will last you a lot of trips and works out a lot cheaper than gas cannisters.

U-Pol System 20 Fast Panel Wipe & Degreaser 5L Panelwipe Upol | eBay I use less than half a litre on a two night trip so around ten weekends for £18 in fuel.

To be honest Matt you'll pay more for the fuel bottle and a pump than you did for the gas stove. IF you want multifuel options then I'd send the stove back and get the one I linked and keep the gas stove as just another stove. For liquid fuel they will burn paraffin but need a lot of pre heating with meths. Burn naphtha fuel such as panel wipe which primes faster than paraffin and is odorless . 5l of panel wipe will last you a lot of trips and works out a lot cheaper than gas cannisters.

U-Pol System 20 Fast Panel Wipe & Degreaser 5L Panelwipe Upol | eBay I use less than half a litre on a two night trip so around ten weekends for £18 in fuel.

thanks for your input mate 👍 think i,ll just stick with the gas stove for now :)

I made a stove years ago out of sheet brass that was similar to the firebox. Got the design off zen stoves website. Lost it somewhere in the turmoil of moving around a lot the past 6 years. I'm sure I have a photo of it somewhere?? Always had the mindset if you can't afford it, make it. Will have to have a go at making another one this year
Link to stove I made below :

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this post but I have been looking for meths for a couple of weeks and this seemed to be the cheapest at £14.95 plus delivery.
IMG_20230224_123158.jpg
Got my Coleman fuel from them at a lower price than elsewhere. Delivered today.

Last edited:
Last couple of year sI have started using Bio Ethanol.............
Cheaper
Hotter
but then burns faster, and I can't get high on the smell, there is none. Is that a pro or a con?o_O

Back