• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Strange colour...

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Just occasionally over the past few days I have seen a Ginger Squirrel...Ok, now settle down those who know Cockney rhyming slang, I don't mean 'Hello Sailor' ginger, I mean ginger(ish) in colour....:lol: I wonder if it's got something to do with coat change/molting and the very mild weather here so far this winter?
I shall try to get a photo the next time he raids the bird feeders...

You had me going there Willie, I thought you were going to produce a Ginger Squirrel when you opened that Bergan...:lol:

That's a good piece of kit, looks well made and versatile too. I like the mesh pockets under the side pockets, good idea. :thumbsup:

You had me going there Willie, I thought you were going to produce a Ginger Squirrel when you opened that Bergan...:lol:

That's a good piece of kit, looks well made and versatile too. I like the mesh pockets under the side pockets, good idea. :thumbsup:

Hi Sax.

Yes.....bit of an oooooops moment there :whistle: :rofl:

I am completely baffled now.....o_O and wondering if someone fiddling in the 'Green Box'I mentioned earlier has banjoed my Internet connection..

I posted about a Ginger Squirrel....I then saw a reply from Willie showing a Bergan video...hence my response...( copied below)

"You had me going there Willie, I thought you were going to produce a Ginger Squirrel when you opened that Bergan...:lol:"

Thanks Willie, the video about Squirrels in your reply explains the Ginger one around here. It seems that he has, must be about 70% brown in his coat making him look most unusual...:thumbsup:

Ha! It's you, you bugger...:rofl: I thought the 'ol boy was cracking up at first....It was either me or the 'Green Box' that had gone loopy....:lol: :lol:

Sorry Sax :rolleyes:

I added a previous link I was using which is where the confusion came in.......you are perfectly sane mate....my fault 🤭🤭:rofl:

Common American ‘grey’ squirrels can be any shade from almost black to white with russet brown not uncommon .

tufted red squirrels can also vary from the traditional deep red to deep greys and pretty much any shade in between.

Reactions: Bam
".you are perfectly sane mate "

Oooh ! I will treasure that remark...Thanks Willie. The next time one of my old oppos give me a hard time about my diminishing grey matter, I'll show it to him...:lol:

Arrgh! Drat... Dreams shattered...Thought I had proof of normality for a minute there...Need my anti depressants now...2 white tablets and a red I think..or was it 2 reds and a white..wibble wibble... :rofl:

Arrgh! Drat... Dreams shattered...Thought I had proof of normality for a minute there...Need my anti depressants now...2 white tablets and a red I think..or was it 2 reds and a white..wibble wibble... :rofl:
Sorry to disappoint 😔

Back