• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Summer meet 2018 (pictures and write ups )

THE AUCTION.

A big thank you to all who took part in the auction at camp to raise a few pounds for the forum :thumbsup:
Your generosity raised £65.00 to which I added another £10.00......so all in all we raised £75.00. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have transferred the raised funds to the forum account @Matt :thumbsup:

Again.....thank you!!

Home safely and most of the dry kit put away. Had to make a visit to Totnes medical centre to get my foot looked at. Stepped in a rabbit hole just before leaving the woods. Felt a pop in my foot. Lots of pain and now walking with a stick. Got to go back in a few days to get an x-ray. Pictures and write up to follow later.

Home safely and most of the dry kit put away. Had to make a visit to Totnes medical centre to get my foot looked at. Stepped in a rabbit hole just before leaving the woods. Felt a pop in my foot. Lots of pain and now walking with a stick. Got to go back in a few days to get an x-ray. Pictures and write up to follow later.

What a bugger mate :(.....too much toast I reckon ;):D...hope it settles down soon :thumbsup:
Good job it wasn't Joe .............never have found him again.....the vagrant :whistle::rofl:

looked out the window this morning and im so glad we managed to get of site yesterday :).....its poring down here today :(... ive still not managed to empty the landrover of kit ....the trailer is still fully loaded ....will wait for a dry day to tackle that job :whistle::whistle:

DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG

the last few pictures from my phone taken at the meet ...id just like to thank everyone who turned up and took part in the event ...hopefully see you all again next year

Last edited:
Well up until Friday we had a pretty good week weather wise but on said day the heavens opened. Thursday was curry night which I hope went well, The little bit of rice that was left was stirred into the empty curry pan to soak up the last vestiges of curry sauce and devoured by the boys. Friday afternoon we had a barbecue cooked by Matt and Gav which was devoured with gusto by the ravening mob. That was followed by probably the best apple and pear crumble I've ever eaten cooked in a Dutch oven by Emily.
A special thanks has to go Ichneumon who taught so many skills, bow drill, flint and steel, making natural inks to name just a few. Emily and John cracked the bow first time round as did Gizmo. Neil produced a nice wad of charcloth so al in all many new skills were learnt also Paul was absolutely brilliant with the boys. Anyway photos tomorrow when I have downloaded them from my camera and phone

Back