• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Summer meet 2022 (4th to the 9th September)

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
Dates are as posted above :thumbsup: friday 9th (depart day ) (5 nights of camping )

Location is on @Ystranc (mikes) bit of land (thanks again mate ) :thumbsup: there's Areas for tree swingers and plenty of space for tents

we will be doing another HFT comp with prizes :)

there is land available for a spot of hunting if you so wish ( with air rifle )
All people wanting to hunt on the land will need to show proof of a valid insurance and complete a competence test :thumbsup:

After passing the test you will be issued with a shooting chip .... if you want to hunt on the land you will need to hand the chip in to the "shooting warden" who can take note on where you will be ...

** NO RIFLES TO BE UNBAGED UNLESS YOU ARE ON THE SHOOTING/ PLINKING RANGE OR ON YOUR WAY OUT FOR A HUNT ****ALCOHOL AND RIFLES DONT MIX** If you’ve been drinking beforehand you won’t get a chip to shoot.

we will be setting up the parachute for us to gather under whilst at the fire in the evenings for a natter and a social drink :)

@Paul N

has offered a few activities which i think of few of the guys would be interested in they are listed below
Bow making
Making fire - including friction fire lighting, flint and steel, flint and pyrites. Plus, various types of tinder.
Fire lay and what they are best for.
Net making
Foraging for edible and useful plants and fungi.
Tree ID - including what they are good and useful for.
Making ink from natural materials the old fashioned way. Plus making a quill pen.
Natural cordage from nettles and/or willow bark.

Further to what Matt said: I am not an expert at bushcraft. However, I do know a thing or three and I'm happy to pass on what I know. Regarding the bow making, Matt and I agreed that in future there would be no charge for my time (as with all the things I do) but there would be a small charge for the bowstaves which will go into forum funds. £15 per stave will secure your place on the course (payable in advance of the meet )

Please message Paul if you are interested in any of the above so he can pencil you in :thumbsup:

fresh water is available on site :thumbsup:

we have use of a flushing toilet and a shower :cool:

All kit will be transported to the camp area from the parking area via mikes tractor and trailer ( NO vehicle's on site NO exceptions )

All people wanting to attend the meet MUST agree to the terms and conditions as laid out in this linc General - Terms and conditions of forum events

Unfortunately due to the nature of the meet and a few of the activities we can NOT have children under the age of 14 on site. ALL children 14 and above are on the site at the parents risk and should be supervised by their parent/guardian at all times (the land owner or the forum accept NO liability ref any injuries they may sustain at the event )

The cost of this event is £8 per night (for 5 nights) (family discount available) pm me if needed .. payable on arrival (All proceeds will go into the running cost of the forum )

When you add your name to the list you will be added to a pm chat where you will be issued with directions and contact phone numbers 2 weeks before the event just in case you get lost :cool:

Bow makers course

Mark (@Ark79)
Jono (Woodlander)

get your names down and get involved :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don’t think me a miserable old git, and not showing interest in meet ups! Last August saw my wife have her first total knee replacement and realignment, next Wednesday she goes in for the other one to be done, poor girl. So it has been impossible for me to commit to anything. ☹️

Please don’t think me a miserable old git, and not showing interest in meet ups! Last August saw my wife have her first total knee replacement and realignment, next Wednesday she goes in for the other one to be done, poor girl. So it has been impossible for me to commit to anything. ☹️
I totally understand…we may all turn up at your place for a meet some time…can you make cider?

Completely understandable Mike, hope your good lady has a speedy recovery 😁👍🏻

Back