• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Summer meet 2022 - Chatter and banter.

@Ystranc
Couple of questions Mike what's mobile signal like there? I'm on tesco mobile. Not that I'll be on my phone all the time, just if I'm contactable in case of emergency. Also would charging for devices be available? For a fee of course. Only one, my vape. I'm a nice fella, but a grumpy arsehole without my nicotine fix 😁😁😁

@Ystranc
Couple of questions Mike what's mobile signal like there? I'm on tesco mobile. Not that I'll be on my phone all the time, just if I'm contactable in case of emergency. Also would charging for devices be available? For a fee of course. Only one, my vape. I'm a nice fella, but a grumpy arsehole without my nicotine fix 😁😁😁
I’m on GiffGaff and my signal is usually good, I’ve no idea what network Tesco uses but you’ll probably be ok. There are plenty of sockets at the house.

I’m on GiffGaff and my signal is usually good, I’ve no idea what network Tesco uses but you’ll probably be ok. There are plenty of sockets at the house.
Tesco uses O2, thanks Mike I'll se your reimbursed for my dirty habit 😁

Rwyf wrth fy modd â'r ffordd y gwnaethoch chi efelychu ein hacen. mae’r tywydd yma yng Nghymru yn anrhagweladwy iawn, ond rydym yn defnyddio rhai dangosyddion naturiol. fel pe bai'r gastanwydden yn troi ei dail, bydd hi'n bwrw glaw, yr un peth os bydd pry cop yn ailadeiladu ei We. os yw'n ddiwrnod cynnes a'r tymheredd yn gostwng yn sydyn, mae tywydd gwlyb oer ar fin cyrraedd. hefyd y mae ystorm yn nesau os dodir y gwartheg yn y cae a'r defaid yn ymguddio o dan y cloddiau, naill ai hyny ai ni Gymry ar helfa rhai cariadlawn. Rwyf hefyd wedi ysgrifennu cymaint, oherwydd rwy'n gwybod y bydd yn cymryd am byth i gyfieithu. Dwi nawr yn chwerthin fy sanau bant. 😉👍😂😂
Doeddwn i ddim yn gwybod hanner y dangosyddion naturiol hynny - byw a dysgu. Braf gweld chi yn sefydliad Ystranc. 😊

Been fettling with my kit ready, made up a new ridge line with some prusik loops and a quick release system using knots. Added some webbing loops to my hammock for the underquilt. It's been so long since I got out, I think I'm getting cabin fever!

Mike didn't make any cider last year (2022), but he was kind enough to share what he had from the previous year. When we were there last year his apple trees were laden with fruit. I picked some crab-apples and made crab-apple jelly, a jar of which will be taken to the April meet for Mike and his good lady. With Mike's permission I think it falls to us at the September meet (if it happens) to be his apple pickers. A few hours of our time could be a small price to pay for his hospitality - and give him, and maybe us, some cider in the future.

Back