• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Summer meet (25th - 29th September 2023)

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
Ok I'm just gauging interest in a meet in September for around 5 days :thumbsup: on @Ystranc bit of land in Wales

please pipe up if its something you want to get involved in :)

if enough people want to go then we will look at firming up some dates and get the ball rolling :thumbsup:

We will be setting up the parachute for us to gather under whilst at the fire in the evenings for a natter and a social drink :)

@Paul N

Has offered a few activities which I think of few of the guys would be interested in they are listed below:
Bow making
Making fire - including friction fire lighting, flint and steel, flint and pyrites. Plus, various types of tinder.
Fire lay and what they are best for.
Net making
Cooking bread, and other things, in a Dutch oven.
Foraging for edible and useful plants and fungi.
Tree ID - including what they are good and useful for.
Making ink from natural materials the old-fashioned way. Plus making a quill pen.
Natural cordage from nettles and/or willow bark.

Further to what Matt said: I am not an expert at bushcraft. However, I do know a thing or three and I'm happy to pass on what I know as skill-sharing. Regarding the bow making, Matt and I agreed that although there is no charge for my time (as with all the things I do), there would be a small charge for the bowstaves which will go into forum funds. £15 per stave will secure your place on the course (payable in advance of the meet)

Please message Paul if you are interested in any of the above so he can pencil you in :thumbsup: In 'Chat and banter', please.

Fresh tap water is available on site :thumbsup:

We have use of a flushing toilet and a shower: :cool:

All kit will be transported to the camp area from the parking area via Mikes tractor and trailer (NO vehicles on site NO exceptions)

All people wanting to attend the meet MUST agree to the terms and conditions as laid out in this link General - Terms and conditions of forum events.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the meet and a few of the activities we can NOT have children under the age of 14 on site. ALL children 14 and above are on the site at the parent's risk and should be supervised by their parent/guardian at all times (the landowner or the forum accept NO liability ref any injuries they may sustain at the event).

Because Mike has livestock no dogs will be permitted.

The cost of this event is £5 per night per person (family discount available) pm me if needed. Payable on arrival (All proceeds will go into the running cost of the forum)

When you add your name to the list you will be added to a pm chat where you will be issued with directions and contact phone numbers 2 weeks before the event just in case you get lost :cool:

@Ystranc (full week )
@divebuddy (full week)
@Ark79 ( yes you read it right) :zipped:(Tues to Friday?)
@Matt (full week) EDA 22nd
@Paul N (full week)
@1 shot willie (provisional )
@CaveDweller and sammie and leo
@Colbrandist1974 (Sunday to Wednesday)
@Keeno (full week )
@cuckoo996 (full week)

those attending the meet MUST sign the disclaimer found here General - Terms and conditions of forum events
please like the post to confirm you have read and agree with the terms and conditions

please also take the time to read the meet rules

Last edited:
Yes I know that mate......and I have the pictures to prove it 😏😏😏........
20220118_082732.jpg

Can't thank you enough 🙄😄

Hi mate,

Well that's very kind of you.

At present I'm scheduled to be off - 1- 4 Sept, 9 - 12 Sept, 17 - 19 Sept, 25 - 28 Sept, of course that's subject to change.

It would be nice to get a two night stint up there with you guys and put some faces to the names etc!!

And if anyones going from down here happy to car share - drive or cadge a lift if convenient.

Back