• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wales Summer meet (25th - 29th September 2023)

I still have some bow staves but I’m not sure what condition they’re in, there was some beetle action going on in the cambium outer layer of wood just under the bark. My guess is that they’re still sound but I may have to cut one of them down a little in length to check the inner wood.

Insurance? I’ve got insurance however will I have to notify Basc if I want it to cover me while am there ? As I’m typing! I’m probably best phoning them 🙄

As long as you have permission to shoot from the landowner it will cover air rifles, the only conditions that specify where you can shoot appear on a conditional firearms certificate (usually for a new certificate holder) as opposed to an open certificate. It will specify the purpose that you have given for obtaining the firearm and where you can use it. These days open licenses are a bit unusual, usually given to people involved in stalking or pest control.

Last edited:
Back