• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sunday Morning Woodland Wonder !

WildWood1965

Extremely Addicted
I went for a pleasant stroll early doors today with my mate Steve from work & his dog Jess.

Thought I would take advantage of the situation to grab a few images for your viewing pleasure on this bright & warm sunny day down Plymouth way ! :thumbsup:
IMG_20180624_080342076.jpg
IMG_20180624_080705851.jpg
IMG_20180624_081437146.jpg
IMG_20180624_081457232.jpg
IMG_20180624_080054836.jpg

Beautiful pictures mate:thumbsup: did you spot any potential overnight spots?

Not really Mark as the tracks are quite heavily used by dog walkers mate.

Unfortunately there were more than a few fire scars left behind by people less considerate than ourselves ! :sad:

Not really Mark as the tracks are quite heavily used by dog walkers mate.

Unfortunately there were more than a few fire scars left behind by people less considerate than ourselves ! :sad:

Inconsiderate people mate:thumbsdown:

Unfortunate there are no spots. It looks cracking :thumbsup:

Inconsiderate people mate:thumbsdown:

Unfortunate there are no spots. It looks cracking :thumbsup:

The sad thing is that even people who operate a strict LEAVE NO TRACE policy get treated in the same manner as the LEAVE AS MUCH MESS AS POSSIBLE BRIGADE.

One of us could set up near a fire scar in any location you care to mention & we would be blamed for it & moved on.

It makes me so angry ! :mad:

The sad thing is that even people who operate a strict LEAVE NO TRACE policy get treated in the same manner as the LEAVE AS MUCH MESS AS POSSIBLE BRIGADE.

One of us could set up near a fire scar in any location you care to mention & we would be blamed for it & moved on.

It makes me so angry ! :mad:

Also makes me angry mate. Just no care. There is only one place I build a fire on the ground and that’s my local loch. It’s stone and shingles. Even there people manage to scorch the grounds. Iv seen 3 fires built in an area smaller than a car including the existing fire spot originally there. Can’t understand it

That aside mate. I have a beautiful place to go for a stroll much like the pictures you posted and unfortunately like yourself kneef I can’t pick a spot to camp :thumbsdown: however lol possibly a stealth camp :D

Also makes me angry mate. Just no care. There is only one place I build a fire on the ground and that’s my local loch. It’s stone and shingles. Even there people manage to scorch the grounds. Iv seen 3 fires built in an area smaller than a car including the existing fire spot originally there. Can’t understand it

That aside mate. I have a beautiful place to go for a stroll much like the pictures you posted and unfortunately like yourself kneef I can’t pick a spot to camp :thumbsdown: however lol possibly a stealth camp :D

Two headlines in the local rag with just over a week between them !

Slobs left a Dartmoor beauty spot looking like a rubbish tip

The idiots have returned to trashed Plymouth beauty spot

I know this takes my thread slightly off topic but this blatant disregard for the countryside does my head in.

We would all have more options of where we could go for some peace & quiet if people just tidied up after themselves ! :sad:

Wallopers! That’s what I call them. Your pictures show how cracking natural places can be. Can’t understand why people of this nature would want to destroy this.

Two headlines in the local rag with just over a week between them !

Slobs left a Dartmoor beauty spot looking like a rubbish tip

The idiots have returned to trashed Plymouth beauty spot

I know this takes my thread slightly off topic but this blatant disregard for the countryside does my head in.

We would all have more options of where we could go for some peace & quiet if people just tidied up after themselves ! :sad:
Unfortunately Neil we are never going to persuade the idiots to clean up after themselves, I often wonder if they treat their own homes in the same fashion

Looks like a nice area Neil. Is there maybe some more inaccessible area of the place that may be less used?

Seems quite steep in various places with the tracks mainly on the flatter areas Paul.

Not sure if I am going to go back for another look as the place where Matt & I last camped on the edge of the moorland looks to be a better bet anyway ! :)

Back