• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sunny ride out.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Warm/hot in the sun here today. I waited until 10.30 to let the morning sun dry the roads and also I have to consider, at least at this time of year, the sun's angle before a certain time of day. My journey is mostly Northward into Town but there are a couple of 90 degree corners to the East. These two corners often have Diesel or mud from farm traffic on them and there is no shadow, just direct, low blinding sun. Even with dark glasses it's hard to see the direction let alone the road surface. So I give the Sun a chance to get his tubby body a bit higher so I can see where I'm going. ( See what us country boys with only one road into Town have to put up with)...:lol:

New " Touring saddle" you can just see the RE badge..
DSC00105.JPG

Out to the far Western tip of a local Headland, via the back lanes and minor roads.
DSC00108.JPG
DSC00109.JPG
DSC00106.JPG
DSC00111.JPG
DSC00113.JPG
DSC00120.JPG
DSC00112.JPG
DSC00117.JPG

Hot sunshine, virtually no traffic, open roads and lovely views. Hard to beat really and Yakki is perfect for these trips and getting smoother all the time. :thumbsup:

Warm/hot in the sun here today. I waited until 10.30 to let the morning sun dry the roads and also I have to consider, at least at this time of year, the sun's angle before a certain time of day. My journey is mostly Northward into Town but there are a couple of 90 degree corners to the East. These two corners often have Diesel or mud from farm traffic on them and there is no shadow, just direct, low blinding sun. Even with dark glasses it's hard to see the direction let alone the road surface. So I give the Sun a chance to get his tubby body a bit higher so I can see where I'm going. ( See what us country boys with only one road into Town have to put up with)...:lol:

New " Touring saddle" you can just see the RE badge..
View attachment 22618

Out to the far Western tip of a local Headland, via the back lanes and minor roads.
View attachment 22619View attachment 22620View attachment 22621View attachment 22622View attachment 22623View attachment 22624View attachment 22625View attachment 22626

Hot sunshine, virtually no traffic, open roads and lovely views. Hard to beat really and Yakki is perfect for these trips and getting smoother all the time. :thumbsup:
Nice photos mate

I never actually thought about all the things that have to be taken into account before setting out on a motorbike, makes perfect sense sax.. nice pictures thanks for sharing 👍🏻

Looks like cracking weather, great to get out when it's as good as that.

Back