• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sutherland Fishing Sleeping bag /Cheap 4? season bag

lol

Extremely Addicted
More of a heads up...
Not a bushcrafty bag.....this is a fishing bag, synthetic fill, ostensibly 4 season, with loads of good reviews on sale from Mountain Warehouse for £40, reduced from £90.
I mention it because my other half doesn't get on with the Arctic 90, and feels the cold.
This thing comes in a lightweight rubbish compression bag, it is very light compared to the Arctic 90 but will pack similarly. It is square with zip both sides, very roomy with a fluffy polyester inside.
If you get cold, want cheap, but NEW.......might be worth a look.
Not really for backpacking?

That looks sooo similar......almost tempted myself, but I do love my Arctic 90.......just can't get out of it quickly if needs be ....:oopsy::eek::D!!

Why is that Lol......is the zip jamming ?
Not at all.......it is the short zip version, I use with the cotton liner, and I am very tall with long legs!!
Getting sorted and straight, to get back in the bag is worse!!:confused::D Many minutes of shuffling and squirming!!

Aghhh I see mate.

If you like the peromance of the bag....you could maybe sell that one on and buy the long zip version instead?

Reactions: lol
Aghhh I see mate.

If you like the peromance of the bag....you could maybe sell that one on and buy the long zip version instead?

I bought another one, a long zip version, thinking one of them may do well for my partner; but strangely, despite both being large (and Sarah isn't!), the later long zip one is definitely smaller in circumference, and possibly a lighter fill. Its still a great bag..........just not quite as wonderful as my first bag, that I use. I would find the later long zip one tight......

(And it's in ummarked carefully washed condition, should anyone be looking for one?) :lol:

I recommend to have a look for Ajungilak /Mammut Tyn and Tyn Winter, 5Seasons or what ever. They exist in short versions too.

And I would like to remember you, that Snugpack produces oliv sleeping bags in different qualities, some are cheap made in Asia, some are made with Swiss filling and handcrafted in Britain, like the very good Special Forces System, in olive cheaper than in camouflage!

Carp fishing bags usually do not protect the shoulders. Usually cold air can enter there easily.

If you use it additional, no problem! But alone???
I wouldn't do this!

Back