• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Swag, bedroll, sleep system and any other similar ....

Adrian1967

Very Talkative
I've got a potential obsession building up to do with an Aussie type bedroll thingy.
I've seen a post on here from a while back and wonder if there's any more recent opinion / experience with these things ?
I'm most likely to be using with my military vehicle so size and weight aren't an issue. Comfort and ease of use are. 🎪

I always thought an Aussie 'swag' included a tarp or the like as opposed to just a bedroll although much like stovies there wasn't a set way, more a go with what you've got.

If its for a vehicle then I'm guessing the waterproof aspect wouldn't be so important, get a decent woolly blanket and you should be good to go cobber. ;)

I would stretch a tarp off the side if no trees available. I guess they would call my vehicle a "ute" in Oz !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190705-205933_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190705-205933_Chrome.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: Bam
This is one I like. Not cheap but certainly not as expensive as a lot of them are. 🙄

I do like this one but it's another £100 plus. 🤨

• Wow
Reactions: lol
If you're going to add up the value of each and every component of a swag and dilly set up you'll soon get over £100.
Wool blanket and oilcloth bedroll wrapping around billy can and any spare clothing slung low across your back with a dilly bag containing dried food suspended at the front to balance the weight. All very close to your centre of gravity but very minimalist. Knife or hatchet on your belt, canteen on its own strap....what more could you want?

Yes I looked at these. None about at the moment unfortunately.
In the meantime I've found a few items that combined will probably do the job at a much more reasonable price.
They'll fit on my trusty iron horse and we can canter off into the outback. 😎🤠
I will of course buy the expensive one as soon as my lotto numbers come in. 😏

Reactions: Bam
I do like this one but it's another £100 plus. 🤨

The main attraction to this one is that you can use as a hammock.
BUT it's £300 ! 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: lol

The main attraction to this one is that you can use as a hammock.
BUT it's £300 ! 🙄

You can get a nice canvas tent for that......bag with room!!
But...…….if that's the one...……..then it matters not?

I currently own three tents, An XL event shelter and a gazebo. My tent store is over flowing with gear much to my wife's concern.
Please don't encourage the inner voice. 😔

Back