• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Swag, bedroll, sleep system and any other similar ....

"Trust your instincts young Skywalker, feel the force"

giphy.gif

Well ....
I now have assembled a sleep system that can be tailored to all the seasons. Bearing in mind this is to be carried on my military vehicle but still as minimal as possible. Also, I'm 52 years old with spinal injuries so no I'm not carrying this lot further than I have to !
1 x highlander cot.
1 x ex military mosquito net.
1 x homemade swag fleece blanketything.
1 x tarp.
Snug as a squaddie in a hay loft above snoring pigs. Yep been there. 😉

Well ....
I now have assembled a sleep system that can be tailored to all the seasons. Bearing in mind this is to be carried on my military vehicle but still as minimal as possible. Also, I'm 52 years old with spinal injuries so no I'm not carrying this lot further than I have to !
1 x highlander cot.
1 x ex military mosquito net.
1 x homemade swag fleece blanketything.
1 x tarp.
Snug as a squaddie in a hay loft above snoring pigs. Yep been there. 😉

Sounds good......snug as indeedy!
re the piggies...….....never mind sleeping above them, I've had to sleep WITH them!!! :thumbsup:

How about one of these:
Used to be able to get them for about a £10 but that particular shop doesnt seem to sell them anymore.
How many times have I sung the praises of these (have two)!!! ?Now though hard to find and when you do, they're around £30....................... or £45 as above:eek::eek:

How many times have I sung the praises of these (have two)!!! ?Now though hard to find and when you do, they're around £30....................... or £45 as above:eek::eek:
I know I've had two in the past, great bits of kit. My only complaint was the weight, but that was purely down to me always having way too much stuff. Always been on the move so had everything with me.

I know I've had two in the past, great bits of kit. My only complaint was the weight, but that was purely down to me always having way too much stuff. Always been on the move so had everything with me.
If someone is after a blanket based system, then even at current prices they're a no brainer. VERY versatile/adaptable!!

The fleece blanket is 240cm x 220cm. I'm folding over into 1/3 so that one way up can be a single layer or the other way a double layer depending on the temperature. A sleeping bag liner can be added but I'll see if it's needed. I've got a double self inflating mattress which will give me plenty of comfort and insulation. A camping blanket which is waterproof on one side is available if I'm not using my cot and a poncho with a liner can be used as an extra layer if necessary.
I'm not planning to carry for any distance but hopefully this will be simple enough for my needs. I want to be able to leave on my vehicle everything I need to camp out without requiring a trailer. Ive got a simple support system for my camouflage net and a tarp. With my kelly kettle and other bits and bobs i should be well sorted.
I am considering buying a boat with the current weather in mind so watch this space ....

The fleece blanket is 240cm x 220cm. I'm folding over into 1/3 so that one way up can be a single layer or the other way a double layer depending on the temperature. A sleeping bag liner can be added but I'll see if it's needed. I've got a double self inflating mattress which will give me plenty of comfort and insulation. A camping blanket which is waterproof on one side is available if I'm not using my cot and a poncho with a liner can be used as an extra layer if necessary.
I'm not planning to carry for any distance but hopefully this will be simple enough for my needs. I want to be able to leave on my vehicle everything I need to camp out without requiring a trailer. Ive got a simple support system for my camouflage net and a tarp. With my kelly kettle and other bits and bobs i should be well sorted.
I am considering buying a boat with the current weather in mind so watch this space ....

Would this help to carry the swag......

Huh, out of stock, so that's b****x...…….:(

Back