• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Swan cast iron griddle

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
While this folding cast iron griddle is far from being ultra light weight at 1100 grams it fits very nicely onto the Trangia 25ul and takes a lot of the pain out of frying sausages, bacon or even a couple of pheasant breasts. As far as caring for it, the folding handle detaches and the iron part of the pan can be seasoned like any other iron ware. As long as you don't use detergent on it the finish continues to improve.
Definitely an improvement on a Frey Bentos tin
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
This was couple of quid car boot find, 5 minutes with an angle grinder and cup brush to buff it up like new blathered all over with lard and then seasoned for an hour and a half at 170 degrees C.
They're under £30 to buy new though.

Last edited:
That looks ace mate, love the detachable handle, good find.

Nice indeed, just had to chuck my little one egg push away as the non stick was knackered, it served me well but had to be replaced with something

Have had a look for one and it would seem to be an Outback brand skillet form Australia?

Reactions: Bam
I had a quick gander and can't find one. I've got a steel Tawa/chapati pan with folding handle but can't find another online, my Google Fu is week today.

Back