• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

International Sweden Feb 2026

I did a bit of checking on prices for various things and these are my back-of-fag-packet calculations. I assumed travelling by plane, rather than driving, and a stay of one week.
Cost of fuel to Stansted and back approx 560 miles Β£180 (Plymouth to Stansted in Matt's Landy)
Cost of parking at Stansted Β£63 for 8 days
Cost of flights Β£156 each return, including loaded bag (it depends on the day but this is average)
Cost of Swedish car hire about Β£320 for 7 days. (A 4 door estate car)
Cost of cabin Β£100 per person per week.

Assuming 4 people sharing, the cost per person would be:
About Β£400 plus a bit of fuel for the hire car and day-to-day expenses such as food, drink and incidentals.

If you’re driving I'm in! Get my name down let's get this done! I'm prepared to pay Β£750 for the fuel, hell for a trip like this ill work double shifts and pay whatever it costs to make it happen.

I'm still up for this - but 2027? I'm almost 73 and have some health problems, it's too far ahead. I don't want to do it on a zimmer frame. If you bring it forward to 2025 I could be coming with you.

this guy is local to the site and is a friend of my mates

posted so you can see the location

Just watched this vid.......what a cracking set up......and a wonderful location to use and enjoy it........lucky guy :)
Obviously spent a lot of time...... and invested in his kit and load out.

I can see the Range Rover of yours be transformed @Matt .................πŸ€”:thumbsup::D

Back