• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Hi CT.

Good video mate thanks for sharing:thumbsup:
You got a nice amount of syrup from that boil.
How long in total were you cooking for......from your comments....we take it that temperature control is quite important??.......especially at lower levels of liquid.

I spent Half a day and half a night, time wise counting prep work. I never use a thermometer but always pay attention to the heat. Boiled 15 gallons to end up with almost 2 pints. Another high pride low pay job

A long job then?.....but the rewards must surely be worth the effort.
!5 gallons for 2 pint's........is this something you do every season CT?
I suppose once you have made a batch or two you get into a routine.

Good post.

Yea still boiling still taste testing its all a big experiment. I learn every time I begin to forget and as the year rolls on. I make the syrup and I ration it like a starving squirrel.

I can understand the rationing given the work involved......:):thumbsup:
How much would you ideally make to last you a while?

I can understand the rationing given the work involved......:):thumbsup:
How much would you ideally make to last you a while?
I boiled around 3 or 4 times for myself and another half dozen for family friends and relations. I never made enough of the stuff to last me yet. Medicinally it's quite the Elixir

Back