• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Target competition.

Yes, Dick, the top corners of the target are folded around it.....need thicker I think.
I will shoot it again with some thicker card mate:thumbsup:

Did you use a backing card? Pellets seem to have torn the paper.
Looks like F&T pellets instead of wad cutters, I can see some card behind the target but there is a little space between them.
Ok, 30 yards it is but it will be with a Crossman phantom2 springer so don't expect too much. I'll also have a go with my pistol at 5 meters (again, a springer so no high expectations.)

@Ystranc

You are right mate they were F&T pellets.......Defiants 14gr
The barrel on the Scultra does not like wadcutters at all......I have tried them.
Usually, I use a corrugated plastic board behind a target which seems to work well.....run out :rolleyes:

Will have to pop into the "Office Shop" and get some thicker A4 card :thumbsup:

Enjoy your target shoot.....no one is expecting Olympic standards..... it is a bit of fun.........good luck:thumbsup:

I often use a bit of thin foam insulation offcut over a board as a backing to zero as the hole are quite clean and show up at a distance.

Good idea:)

Going to make an A4 target holder/frame.........1/4 inch bar or similar.......bull clips to secure the target.
Holding the card taught will help I think......also will use some thicker card to back up the paper target.

I will get there in the end......happy days :thumbsup:

Further to my post above about making a target stand.

I saw this little child chair on a pile for sale at Ā£5.99.
Some packs of A4 thick cardboard 40 sheets for Ā£1.99.
3X Bulldog type clips Ā£1.50 each.

End result is.......no bending of steel......... no welding.....no painting....... and a foldable target stand :thumbsup:

PATENT PENDING :rofl:

DSC03158.JPG

DSC03159.JPG

DSC03160.JPG

DSC03161.JPG

Jobs a goodun................ :thumbsup::rofl:

Was going to shoot another target today after ripping the other one so badly.
Wind here is blowing hard at the moment......hoping it will calm down a bit later on.

Have you talked to the new owners? All may not be lost...
The land has reverted to estate control again. The house has been sold to some frozen food exec who wants a slice of "rural life". Let's see how Rural he feels when the 120 acres of Peas outside his window need harvesting at 3 in the Morning:)--do I sound bitter---yes I effing do.
And while I'm ranting. I've lost a full Row of Peas because "nutty Nancy" next door thinks it's great to invite every Wood Pigeon and Squirrel in the entire County to her Garden:mad:

Last edited:
šŸ˜¶ What can you say? I suppose its time to start shmoosing some landowners for a new permission.
I'm on it mate. There's a few Poultry and Pig farms in the area, and I've got a good reference off the Farmer. I'm sure they'd like some help with Rats. Although pissed off I've got to "take it on the Chin" and move on:thumbsup:

Back