• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Target competition.

It was looking a bit doubtful regarding re-shooting the target today........the wind is gusting pretty well.
So I went to the range which is more sheltered.....another chap was there shooting a 22LR target rifle at 100yds.

The chair target holder worked well :D.....and the thicker card I got hold of to back up the paper printed targets was much better for reading the shots and preventing tears.
I used the Pulsar .25 today.

See the holes much clearer now I think.

Looking down the range.....target set at 30yds.

DSC03162.JPG

Re-shot target.

DSC03163.JPG

Dropped one in the water at 1 :rolleyes::rofl:

Great target Dick and fun to shoot:thumbsup:

Deckchair AND parasol.......please.:D

I posted in the hope it may help others who want a cheap stable target holder for the competition target shooting and plinking in general.
I feel it is related to the thread.

Discussing permissions could have been done elsewhere mate as they do not relate to this thread:thumbsup:

Might get the HW95 out for a go at the target.
There will be a few more shots in the rough and water then :rofl:
@Ystranc leaving the scoring to @divebuddy mate.........he is the official scorer :thumbsup:

Are you getting your target shot?

This is from a .177 BSA 240 magnum with factory iron sight using RWS R10 match pellets.
(Slightly corrupted chapman stance at five meters in poor light)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 268
Can you post your targets to the"Target Submission Thread" please guys.....thank you :thumbsup:

I'm a little unhappy to say I've scored 22 but after counting up it seems I'm due two more shots....mind you the way I was going they would have cost me points...:(

@divebuddy ......cmon then Dick don't keep us in suspenders........let us have a look at the June target ;):whistle::D
Bigger aim points would be appreciated by the blind and boss-eyed :D:thumbsup:

I think I'll go with the .22lr this time, I'll have a better chance of not making myself look silly...still practicing with the Spring pistol but I'm looking for a pump up one instead. :mad:The air rifle is advertised in the local paper shop.:mad:

The competition is only a bit of fun mate........do the best you can with what you have.
Have you any plans to get another springer at some point?
Just curious have you checked your rifles hinge shims?........is there any play if you try to wiggle the barrel from side to side?
Have you tried different pellets through it to see what the barrel like's and groups best with?
How old is the rifle.....might be an idea to clean the barrel and re-lead it......start over.

Last edited:
I got 252 out of a max 270 at 50 x with the bow last week.....does that count?:) :thumbsup:

Air Rifle? :eek:....well come on then Lol........print off the target and join in the fun competition.....the more the merrier mate :thumbsup:

But you can't eat it???:(:mad:

The scope for the (0.22) is set to 30x...….I don't think I could even see those dots at that!

I tried the air rifle with a few different kinds of pellets, the RWS hobby pellets that I was using for targets performed worst. It seems to like domed F&T much better giving a consistent 2" group at 30 meters but nothing like accurate enough for that last target competition. The rest of the rifle checks out alright but I think I need to check it with a chronograph and see if I can shorten the spring slightly to reduce recoil without losing too much power.

sorry, should have read, " the scope for the HW97K (0.22) etc., etc"

Back