• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Target shooting and plinking.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Its been a while since I did any target work.
Really enjoy a few hours on the targets.......find it very relaxing and fun.
Was so close to getting the kit together this morning for a session on the range.....but the weather is changeable and there is a fair amount of wind blowing about all over the place......which would make things even more interesting.....but not the rain.

See how the weather pans out.....may have a look at it tomorrow.

Anyone else enjoy target shooting?

Its been a while since I did any target work.
Really enjoy a few hours on the targets.......find it very relaxing and fun.
Was so close to getting the kit together this morning for a session on the range.....but the weather is changeable and there is a fair amount of wind blowing about all over the place......which would make things even more interesting.....but not the rain.

See how the weather pans out.....may have a look at it tomorrow.

Anyone else enjoy target shooting?
only at ilk bottle tops at 30 metres Bill, that's the distance I shoot vermin at

I used to but haven't had my air rifle out its locker for a couple of years now. :crying:

I enjoyed it. There’s a Range up at the hotel I worked at. As long as there was no one booked on the coarse I had free run at it.

I shoot field target competively and for fun. It all helps to improve your shooting skills. It can also be an eye opener as to what the different ranges and wind can do to a pellet

@elsenham177

All good fun and challenging in many respects.....would love to have a go and put some serious time in.....good social side I would imagine :thumbsup:
Very rare I take any shots kneeling....standing....or sitting these days.....all prone for me now.

I'm told my licence should be through this week but in the meantime I'm a probationary member at the local air rifle club and took part in a league HFT shoot last Sunday. I came last but it was good fun and the others from various clubs were very helpful with tips and support. I don't feel bad at coming last as all the shooters were experienced including several who are shooting for the Scotland squad at the world championships this month.

@elsenham177

All good fun and challenging in many respects.....would love to have a go and put some serious time in.....good social side I would imagine :thumbsup:
Very rare I take any shots kneeling....standing....or sitting these days.....all prone for me now.
It is good fun and very challenging,that is part of the draw.. There are some exceptional shoots out there of which i'm not one. It's also good to see and try what other people use as well as getting tips on how to improve.

What rifle do you favour for your competitions Els?
Are you shooting spring or PCP?
I shoot a bsa scorpion see with an 8_32×44 scope most of the time but I also use a hatsan dominator with a 6_24×40 scope on if I want more of a challenge. Both are in. 177 call.

Nice rifles mate......nice magnification scopes too.......helps with the mapping :thumbsup:
Have you had any work done to the rifles....tuning wise.....or do you tinker yourself?
Used to have a Scorpion SE a few years back.....John Bowkett completely re worked it for me....should never have got rid of it :rolleyes:

How often do you visit your club and shoot?

Nice rifles mate......nice magnification scopes too.......helps with the mapping :thumbsup:
Have you had any work done to the rifles....tuning wise.....or do you tinker yourself?
Used to have a Scorpion SE a few years back.....John Bowkett completely re worked it for me....should never have got rid of it :rolleyes:

How often do you visit your club and shoot?
Both rifles are standard. i leave the servicing to someone who knows what he's doing .I've always admired john Bowkett's work some of his hand built rifles were pretty special. i try to get to my club as much as poss some months are more than others just depends what else we have going on

All sounds good Els.....next time you are at the club take a few pictures and post up if you have the time.....would be nice to see what goes on :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bam
Back