• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Target submission thread.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Hi Guys.

@divebuddy is a tad busy at the moment and has asked me to create a "Target Submission Thread"

For those of us taking part, please add your target pictures here.

Let us know what rifle........Pistol.........you shot the target with, and the calibre.......... and range the target was set at :thumbsup:

Where it was shot.....indoors or outdoors..........Bench rested.

Can we please keep the chat to cover the above content ^^^^ Dick and I will delete anything we feel is not relevant.

Dick will be scoring the targets and has the final say on scores.:thumbsup:

My submission:

Rifle: Pulsar.

Calibre: .25

Target distance: 30yds.

Outdoors:

Off Bipod.

DSC03163.JPG

Outdoors.

DSC03162.JPG

Last edited:
22 out of a possible 108 :oopsy:.
Must do better. Score is crap but the grouping is ok apart from hole 5.... Bear in mind it's a 30 year old springer guys and cut me a little slack.

I've scored all three submissions as best I can. Ystranc looks like 23 but had some shots left. Good shooting with a spring pistol!
Bill seems to have 36 with at least 8 shots left and that's good shooting at 30 yards Bill!
I reckon I got 40 using all my shots and from 25 yards. I'll sort out the next target soon.

I had a look at my target through the rifle scope, 30 meters isn't realistic....ill give it a go at 25 if you don't mind.

You can do it at less if you prefer. Although it's supposed to be a competition we all have different guns and scopes so just do what seems best for you.

Something's up, I'm getting an awful lot of flyers...for the most part I'm close to my mark (my aim point is the head of a drawing pin) but then I'll cock it up completely. I think I need to clean it and check the seals. Best I can manage are two inch groups and that simply won't cut it for this competition.

Hows it going with the rifle Ystranc........have you sorted it out, mate?
What rifle is it....and what age?

Nope, it's all over the place so I've thrown it in the back of the cupboard with all my other mistakes and broken toys. I got the .22lr out and was generating good groups at 75meters so I know it wasn't just me being crap...the air rifle simply isn't up to it.

I'm counting the head shot on the 3 point crow as a miss, it was aimed at the 10 point crow above hence I think my score is 44 (to be confirmed)

The new sight makes life a little easier, it also adds some weight, not bad for a 30+ year old pistol but I need more practice.
Does anyone else have an air pistol that they'd like to have a go at competing with?

No problem if people want to have a go with pistol. I might do that myself. There is a pistol comp going on the airgun universe site as well.

Took an hour off of "Man Cave duties" to de-stress and shoot this month target :)

Pulsar .25

Range 30yds.

Prone off of bipod.

DSC03218.JPG

DSC03220.JPG

There tiz :thumbsup:

Back