• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tatties

Bam

Extremely Addicted
Just been along to the allotment to pick up this years seed tatties, onions too. 3KG of Cara and 3KG of Pentland Javelin. Last year's crop is looking like its going to do us for a few more months although we did get a wee 'Brucie Bonus' bag from one of the neighbouring plots, probably about 5KG. We're pleased with how it went, hoping to emulate it this year.

I guess some of you down south have started the allotment stuff but we're just getting ready to start, I await my orders....

Still a quagmire at our plot. We won't be doing anything till the end of March. Soil is a bit on the heavy side (hence the number of Potbanks in the area)

Still a quagmire at our plot. We won't be doing anything till the end of March. Soil is a bit on the heavy side (hence the number of Potbanks in the area)
Mar is twitching like an epileptic to start doing 'stuff', we're forecast for showers tomorrow so I'll see how it goes, that might have an impact on her decisions but I'll be doing my Rain Dance as nothing is desperate.

Yep, even here in Devon the soil is too wet to start. Hoping it dries out soon.
I hear ya bro, it'll come though.

We have seed potatoes chitting on our window sills, broadbeans just coming through in a green house. My wife has ordered the other seeds she needs. She was able to get a lot of prep done before it became to wet. Looks like we have a dry spell coming here so she should be able to carry on if it stays dry as the soil dries out reasonably quickly due to its sand content. We still have some of the non compostable material to burn but it will need to dry out before that happens.

Ha, Mar has broad beans on the go too, she's done her chillies and tomatoes from seed with 'grow lights' on them and peas as well I think. The tatties are chitting in the shed windows.... its all looking like I'll be getting peace soon while she's away pottering at the allotment. Braw.

Back