• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tent Lighting.......what do you use?

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Been having a look around for a couple of tent/shelter lights.
Not a fan of harsh white light.....much prefer a warmer more mellow light when relaxing inside a tent.......but...... having the option of white light if needed.
Have added a couple of these to the Farther Christmas wish list :D

Small and fairly lightweight.....packable......not a bad price point.

that looks braw bill👍🏻
I use a £2 light from the evil bay, there was a link on here somewhere, can’t remember who put it up ? Not a bad wee light but am glad I bought 3 as I’m heavy handed and buggered the threads on them

The burn time on these was one the attractions Mark.....rechargeable......and a standby charger for the phone....if needed.
Good for the longer stay overs and water resistant............. a bonus if the tent leaks :rofl: :rolleyes:

I use a cheap head torch, an 'Energiser' from ASDA I believe.. It's got 3 settings, high, low and red. For general light I use a candle, not tea light size but the bigger ones about 2 inches diameter also from ASDA (I am not on commission..honest..
anim_59.gif
) The candle sits in an old round tobacco tin so unless I carelessly boot it across the tent it's not going to fall over. All in the mind I know, but I reckon it makes the tent .00001 % warmer too.
The other advantage is with my standard of cooking everything looks so much more edible when only seen under a nice red light....
anim_59.gif

Attachments

• anim_59.gif
    anim_59.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 12
  • anim_59.gif
    anim_59.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 14
I do the same as Bam. I've got an extra long usb extension cable that I run down the side of the tent from the centre with little bulldog clips and tuck the powerbank in one of the inner pockets.

I do the same as Bam. I've got an extra long usb extension cable that I run down the side of the tent from the centre with little bulldog clips and tuck the powerbank in one of the inner pockets.

Probably more accurate to say I do the same as Brambling, it was you that put me on to them. ;)

Some interesting options on the thread, I'll just need to try and stay strong and not make any more purchases.... 😇

so the new tent lights turned up today :thumbsup: plenty of light given off all in all very happy with them perfect for the job :)

A low powered head torch with an option for a dim red light to help keep my night vision intact and a variable focus LED Lensor 5w torch that is bright white and will light up the opposite hillside if need be. We have loads of other torches around the place but those two are my "go to"

Last edited:
Back