• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

TENTS again....".Kit Tarts" only need answer

lol

Extremely Addicted
I'm sorry to do this again, withdrawal symptoms perhaps?
As is known, I am a keen advocate of a taught lavvu, and all things canvas (ish). So I have a spare..... :)crying:)

But, I just can't get out of my mind, the Dutch 1 man army tent. Very strongly made, good groundsheet, good length for a lanky sod, simple for a simple sod. Bulky things though....
Questionable rain "proofness" through I believe, the zip junctions.????
Does any one have one/use one? What are your thoughts?

I have seen one in a vid with flaps covering the zips, but no others. Have also spoken to Dave at MM (most helpful), he has even spoken to Holland, and no one seems to know of any with zip flaps, although Dave has seen the same vid??????

Thinking of trying one, and then sell on either it or the second lavvu, because there is absolutely...……...…...no way I can justify it :eek::confused::confused: :poo: Help...…….

As is known, I am a keen advocate of a taught lavvu, and all things canvas (ish). So I have a spare..... :)crying:)

But, I just can't get out of my mind, the Dutch 1 man army tent. Very strongly made, good groundsheet, good length for a lanky sod, simple for a simple sod. Bulky things though....

I have seen one in a vid with flaps covering the zips, but no others. Have also spoken to Dave at MM (most helpful), he has even spoken to Holland, and no one seems to know of any with zip flaps, although Dave has seen the same vid??????

Thinking of trying one, and then sell on either it or the second lavvu, because there is absolutely...……...…...no way I can justify it :eek::confused::confused: :poo: Help...…….

Lol your the reason my wife hides my wallet :rofl:

I don't even like camo pattern........but I still have my wallet if not my reason.
This bad boy is festering away...…...who out there uses one??????? Save me.....

Kit tart in....... Over and oot😁

Attachments

• IMG_20191025_182027.jpg
    IMG_20191025_182027.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20191025_161223.jpg
    IMG_20191025_161223.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 163
Ok..... How did the dog get out of shot🤔
Right..... This tent is made for young fit soldiers.... Not auld tarts...... It weights a lot and is fairly waterproof after fabsil, would still use a tarp, its a great tent for next to fire...... Swapped out poles for walking poles... Still heavy... Prefer my f1 French army tent.... So sticking this on gumtree soon😁.. At the end of the day its meant to be a field tent.... Hence you can join them together to other tents..... 👍

:thumbsup: Thank you! Do you not find the F1 less esy to get in /out? (although a lot lighter and more compact packed!)
"Fairly"? waterproof???????

See Post 72

If you type dutch army tent into the search bar then you will get further info on multiple threads

Bottom line on this tent is always have a tarp to hand if rain is expected. I love the space & the look of it though ! :thumbsup:

Missed that report.....:( Was it leaking through the material or the zips, bottom of the doors??
I have had some pms from F/wanderer who has one, and convinced me to rein my wallet in!!!!
Thank you both! The idea of (having) to add a tarp to such a weighty best would rankle...….

The bombproof Lavvu remains my solo go to then (followed by polycotton F1....) :thumbsup:

Seriously mate you don't want to go there, you must resist such temptations. consider me as your therapist because it's painfully obvious that you need one and as your a friend I'll only be charging you 60 quid an hour :alert::snigger::snigger::snigger:

Back