• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

TENTS again....".Kit Tarts" only need answer

Now all you need is another £20 for fabsil.... The extra weight of a tarp..... But hey its our hobbie so enjoy it..... Ya fool 😅😅😅😅👍

Oh......shoot...…:poo: (If it needs a tarp as well as Fabsil......it'll be on Gumtree/Preloved faster than a fast thing delivered by Fast Deliveries!!!!)

well...….the one that's been sent looks like an older one, with differing camo, but looks in nice nick, but has FLAPS OVER THE ZIPS!!! :thumbsup: :lol:
Needs a Fabsil on my return and a try in the rain...…...…………..

The Dutch Tent waterproofness saga.................

My one (with the flaps over the zips....NB!!) has been up for now 3 days of summer rain, some heavy showers, hours of light rain and some wind.
NOT A DROP has come in...........

(But it's sooo big and heavy when packed, don't quite know when and how it's going to get used in anger anywhere..........🤔)

My one (with the flaps over the zips....NB!!) has been up for now 3 days of summer rain, some heavy showers, hours of light rain and some wind.

(But it's sooo big and heavy when packed, don't quite know when and how it's going to get used in anger anywhere..........🤔)

:rofl: :rofl: Priceless.......you could always park the canoe in it mate🤭

• Haha
Reactions: Bam

Aye it's a condensation nightmare in winter as well.....do use mine but carry by hand to spot them collapse in a heap on arrival 🙄

:rofl: :rofl: Priceless.......you could always park the canoe in it mate🤭
Thats what I thought........but of late, if I go "wild" camping in the canoe, with Banzaibro., it's been one pack trips, so everything, boat and rucksack is carried in one at portages. He's a hard man! Much as I hate polyester to sleep under, the tarp tent and paddles work incredibly well, roomy for 1 and kit, and about 2kg and a small bag.
I have just bought......... a Vango Banshee 200, (Pro Max) a tiny one man polyester tent, 3 kg + in case something more serious tent like is needed: my first pukka plastic tent........🤔

Packed, it's almost as large /heavy as the Robens Fairbanks.........:eek:

Oh sh*t...…. I held off and held off and...……..gone and done it ……………...

I'll be thrown out, like Ark's photo...………..:oopsy:
I'm happy as long as I don't have resort to actual physical violence to get that second (spare) lavvu off you lol. You do have the excuse that you're selling stuff to make space for the new stuff that you're buying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lol
Thats what I thought........but of late, if I go "wild" camping in the canoe, with Banzaibro., it's been one pack trips, so everything, boat and rucksack is carried in one at portages. He's a hard man! Much as I hate polyester to sleep under, the tarp tent and paddles work incredibly well, roomy for 1 and kit, and about 2kg and a small bag.
I have just bought......... a Vango Banshee 200, (Pro Max) a tiny one man polyester tent, 3 kg + in case something more serious tent like is needed: my first pukka plastic tent........🤔

Packed, it's almost as large /heavy as the Robens Fairbanks.........:eek:
Think you and myself might be related....my latest tent.....vango banshee 200 pro max🙄
IMG_20200320_163955.jpg

What you need @lol is a OneTigris Bungalow 2.....resistance is futile :whistle::rofl:
No condensation if vented and plenty of room..... No leaks.

Reactions: lol
What you need @lol is a OneTigris Bungalow 2.....resistance is futile :whistle::rofl:
No condensation if vented and plenty of room..... No leaks.
Banzai has just bought a Smokey Hut....that looks good, and I like DD tipi and the MSR Hubba....all loads of money and...........plastic!!!!

-and anyway, you've made me buy WAAAAY too much kit!!!!

Aye great tent....easy set up and not to heavy ,bonus is doors on either side of tent....ideal for forest and hill camp.....although prefer the backwoods bungalow now for forest camps.....even though I am using my slumit gobi tent tomorrow.......that's right i'am a tart🏳

I like the Slumit range a lot,(for plastic!) but not perhaps for backpacking? Have fun tomorrow, and as OneShotW always say, "Piccies required!" :thumbsup:

Aye great tent....easy set up and not to heavy ,bonus is doors on either side of tent....ideal for forest and hill camp.....although prefer the backwoods bungalow now for forest camps.....even though I am using my slumit gobi tent tomorrow.......that's right i'am a tart🏳

Enjoy your trip Ricky.

Back