• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tents

Just been having a look at the Luxe Megahorn III

Looks pretty good........stove jack as well :thumbsup:.........like the Desert colour.

Luxe outdoor

Nice to see a warning on the page re ventilation and the recommended use of a Carbon monoxide detector when using a stove inside :thumbsup:

That's the one I bought for Sweden, not a proper stove jack, it needs a stand off pipe to protect the material from the stove flue, they've adjusted their wording since, to be fair to Ron he sorted things out with no fuss :)

My new tent at £179.........

Attachments

• Gelert Nav 4 side.jpg
    Gelert Nav 4 side.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 246
The german Luxe dealer Florian Homeier produces himself in Germany something like the Megahorn in cotton!
It is called "Tschum 4P" and is made in very high Quality.
If you should be interested, you can call him or write in English too.

Horses for courses, surely? But I do have a bias for cotton/polycotton...……. The Blacks GC Major I adore...……..nah, all of them in the right usage:confused::)

Attachments

• Blacks Good Companion Major Fly 4 (2).JPG
    Blacks Good Companion Major Fly 4 (2).JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Blacks Solace and awning Dilham (2).JPG
    Blacks Solace and awning Dilham (2).JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 270
  • Gelert Nav 4 side.jpg
    Gelert Nav 4 side.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Polish Lavvu  A frame.jpg
    Polish Lavvu A frame.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 242
Those Polish poncho tents are not up to much plus too small for many folk IMHO.

The GC is a great tent, my family had a couple of them when I was growing up :)

Those Polish poncho tents are not up to much plus too small for many folk IMHO.

The GC is a great tent, my family had a couple of them when I was growing up :)

The lavvu is my "go to" tent when solo....and I'm 6' 4" . As about as bombproof as anything...…:confused: And all for £20
Or for more space...…see attached.

The GC I adore and use as often as possible if we don't want as much as the bell...….

Attachments

• Polish lavvu awning 5.jpg
    Polish lavvu awning 5.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 221
But they are not a Lavvu....just a couple of heavy old poncho's LOL No way I can fit into one in comfort and I'm under 6'4"

Pelerina Namioty? for the pedants:whistle: (lavvu is how they are marketed and known by most...., heavy old ponchos, Eric, call them what you will, it matters not a joto_O)

7foot diameter, so why you can't fit it I don't know, but as it's mine, it only has to fit me...at 6' 4":D. Perhaps you expand as you sleep.... as we now know, that in fact matter CAN be created....but it means you'll have to move around the tent faster than the speed of light!!:eek::rofl::rofl:

Anyway.....Horses for courses as I said.

Last edited:
Short of head room and space and when they get wet they take ages to dry...Lavvu they are not. My little group bought six when they first flooded the market; about £12 each IIRC but we got shot of them after trying them.

I'll stick with my

So far I am informed, there are existing polish and russian tents of different sizes on the market.

dammit...…...all very low tech after you lot...…….. but then that's me!

Lavvu (2 thereof) 1 slightly modded
GC Major with ext fly (B of G)
GC Major standard fly (B of G)
Kara with extension (B of G)
Solace 1 with awning (B of G)

dammit...…...all very low tech after you lot...…….. but then that's me!

Lavvu (2 thereof) 1 slightly modded
GC Major with ext fly (B of G)
GC Major standard fly (B of G)
Kara with extension (B of G)
Solace 1 with awning (B of G)
[/QUOTE

update....
Gelert Navajo 4..........but having to be rehomed because of......
Robens Fairbanks..........:whistle::)
(both hugely reduced in price)

The lavvu is my "go to" tent when solo....and I'm 6' 4" . As about as bombproof as anything...…:confused: And all for £20
Or for more space...…see attached.

The GC I adore and use as often as possible if we don't want as much as the bell...….

Nice arrangement and use of the tarp for added shelter and admin @lol :thumbsup:
I use the same set up with the "Megahorn II"........nice to have that extra space and cover to sit under when it's pouring down.

Plenty of time mate.......can you not take it to Cornwall?
Mines arrived YAHAY...will perhaps go play in the garden when it (lawn) dries out...........all new, £265 happy jumping myxymatosis...... took some doing over several weeks....:cool:

Anyway re Cornwall, going down there now to clear out late Mothers house and complete on the sale...... not to go motorbiking or camping or both :(

Back