• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tents

Good vid , found this guy last week , he has a vid on the coast close to where Bopdude and I have camped . Thanks for sharing .

He doesn't make as many films as he used to as the filming tends to interfere with the whole experience of being out in nature.

He owns that woodland too. :thumbsup:

Now then what numbers are going to win me the lottery this week ! :rolleyes:

Now that is a contented man :)

Some amazing camerawork.....he has a natural eye for capturing nature on video.
Very lucky to own such a lovely wood too.......must be hard to leave it after each visit.

The Lavvu shelter kept him warm and dry for the night and blends in nicely with his surroundings:thumbsup:

You lot will love this one ! :)

Watch out for some very profound observations near the end of the film that I'm sure will resonate with all of us. :thumbsup:

I skipped through I admit.....probably from when the tents were pitched inside out...........

Lets have an audit...………...
All mine are cotton or polycotton, as most of my carrying is in a canoe and not in a pack...…...

Blacks of Greenock Solace 4 metre bell and awning
Blacks of Greenock Good Companions Major x 2, with extended and standard flys
Blacks of Greenock Kara with extended fly
Robens Fairbanks
Gelert Navajo 4......for sale?
Polish Army Lavvu x 2
4T polycotton 4 metre tarp

and a cotton French Army F1 pup tent coming out of curiosity to compare with the lavvu?

Ha!! Thought I'd deleted that!! It referred erroneously to what I suddenly realised was an old post.....stupid ol' git that I am!! :fedup:

an excess of cotton tent fumes!!

Lets have an audit...………...
All mine are cotton or polycotton, as most of my carrying is in a canoe and not in a pack...…...

Blacks of Greenock Solace 4 metre bell and awning
Blacks of Greenock Good Companions Major x 2, with extended and standard flys
Blacks of Greenock Kara with extended fly
Robens Fairbanks
Gelert Navajo 4......for sale?
Polish Army Lavvu x 2
4T polycotton 4 metre tarp

and a cotton French Army F1 pup tent coming out of curiosity to compare with the lavvu?
Ha!! Thought I'd deleted that!! It referred erroneously to what I suddenly realised was an old post.....stupid ol' git that I am!! :fedup:

an excess of cotton tent fumes!!
Not saying anything

Reactions: lol
……..wish I hadn't...………….:zipped:

(but they do smell gooooood!)

I'm more tarping these days but I've got one of those Lavvu's and if I'm need a hill walking tent I've got a 35 year old Vango Beaufort 2. Its a bit heavy by modern standards and is allegedly for 2 but you'd need to be 'very good friends'.

Also got a big 4 berth job for the odd occasion that I can drag the missus out, proper sites only with all modcons.

Back