• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Tents

Too many, depends on what I'm doing with whom and when and for how long?:whistle:

A new addition is on it's way a s well.................:evileye:

Usually I am using a set up of bivvy bag and military tarp- poncho when I am hiking.

Luxe Outdoor SilHexpeak V4a
Instead of the poncho I use on camping grounds and if I expect strong rain and wind the outer tent of a Luxe Outdoor Silhexpeak V4a piramide tent with bivvy bag, because that is a very light option too. (750g)
This tent you can hang under a washing line or use a nature stick as central pole.

Hilleberg Nallo 2
In snow, very stormy conditions, and when I plan to camp outside the forest I use a Hilleberg Nallo 2.

Decathlon Arpenaz 2
In summer times in France on camping grounds I use the 20 € Decathlon Tent Arpenaz 2.
It is made for maximum 40 km/h wind speed, but has a very strong floor and is with 2 kg without pegs relatively light too.
It is for this price a surprisingly very well made tent.

Tortuga Kohte
And of course I own a german boy scout cotton tippee tent "Kohte".
There I can light a real normal sized open cooking fire INSIDE the tent without any problems.
But it is made for 4 to six persons. It is needed a group of 4 persons to carry it.

Tschum 4 P
This winter I slept in a tent called "Tschum", hand crafted in Bad Salzufflen in Germany.
It is a smaller version of the traditional boy scout tent.
The "Tschum 4P" is sized for 4 persons. It is possible to carry it with two persons.

A very good winter tent, where you can light a real, normal sized open cooking fire inside.

Last edited:
Another tent I use is the "Luxe Megahorn II".....very similar to Bopsdudes above.

Nice amount of room inside and plenty of ventilation.....easy to put up and pack away.
Sometimes I will use a tarp out front from the pole to create a nice admin area and have a small fire in the Gelert folding BBQ.
Could do with adding a footprint to t.

Nice tent and well made.

I like my Lichfield treklite 200 it's an ok size for me and my kit but it weighs only about 1.6 kg so good for longer treks.only downside is it's blue lol

This is it a bit like a banshee lol

Attachments

• 21RonKdh+-L._SL1500_.jpg
    21RonKdh+-L._SL1500_.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 125
I use a coleman 4 berth two bedroom tent for extended trips and a regatta 3 berth for shorter trips. Neither is a back packing tent but I do like my space

whats your preferred tent and why ?
Got a MSR TwinPeaks a few years ago but only for the summer.Fits in my pocket & pitches with trekking poles or foraged wood. Downside is it’s single skin & has no groundsheet so unless it’s warm enough to leave the door open, condensation is a big issue. Glorified tarp really, but cool.

my best one for a long camp is my old dandy 6 berth like the tardis inside or for a long weekend my old army ridge tent

Well don't keep it to yourself Al

OK ok, you dragged it outta me, I'm leaning towards the Seek Outside, as much as I like the Helsport Tipi's, I used to own 1, I'm future proofing future overseas trips with the SO tipi, which also comes with a flatpack Ti stove, I'll be buying from the UK from another person, IF, indeed that's the route I'm going to go :D

OK ok, you dragged it outta me, I'm leaning towards the Seek Outside, as much as I like the Helsport Tipi's, I used to own 1, I'm future proofing future overseas trips with the SO tipi, which also comes with a flatpack Ti stove, I'll be buying from the UK from another person, IF, indeed that's the route I'm going to go :D
well you know what you are doing but try minus 22 with just a tarp and an arctctic sleeping bag

well you know what you are doing but try minus 22 with just a tarp and an arctctic sleeping bag

I'm glad and thankful that I haven't had to, mind you, the fire wasn't always on you know, it did get chilly lmao ;) but me being a Northerner ( adopted one ) I just put on my big coat ;) :whistle: :D

Just been having a look at the Luxe Megahorn III

Looks pretty good........stove jack as well :thumbsup:.........like the Desert colour.

Luxe outdoor

Nice to see a warning on the page re ventilation and the recommended use of a Carbon monoxide detector when using a stove inside :thumbsup:

Back