• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Thank you footie bets

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
P1430122.JPG

Red dot looks good never even seen one before, decided against a new rifle as not quite finished with this one

I have a red dot 1x sight on my BSA 240 magnum pistol and I've got to admit it is the mutt's nuts compared to the factory fitted iron sights. Cheap and accurate, also very easy to follow a moving target with one. I also have an old Daisy red dot sight that is better suited to a rifle, incredibly small, neat and lightweight.

For quick acquisition of targets red dots are very hard to beat. We have holographic sights on top of our optics for CQB and there really quick and easy to use in that role; red dot optics are the next best thing.

With the red dot that I bought is it safe to use on my springer air rifle?

Should be, they're usually made for stuff springers and crossbows but to be totally sure there should be a published rating for it. What is the make and model. Mine is a Gamo and works fine on a springer.

Back