• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The allotment

Bam

Extremely Addicted
Meant to put these up a week or so back when the missus sent them to me, the allotment is coming along great guns, she had a couple of failures but she thinks the seeds might have been really old. Overall though, more than happy, lots of produce. I've got a shed load of garlic to dehydrate too.

IMG_20181228_130602.jpg

I can't not show the Anderson shelter, its no underground bunker but at least I've got my own air raid shelter. :)

IMG-20200624-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200624-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20200624-WA0014.jpg

We're more than happy with how its going. We're long overdue to get a shed for it, that's the next thing, get that in and a wee patio area.

My wee 'guerrilla garden' is coming along fine too, the raspberries and black currant bush I put in on some wasteland are coming along fine and one apple tree is surviving although the deer have found the other apple and a pear tree I put in and have been eaten, if one survives I'll still call that a win.

Cheers Ricky, still a work in progress but getting there, need to get the shed and 'admin area' sorted. That will make a big difference. Its a well run allotment, we had one before which was the wrong side of the bridge, this is a 10 minute walk for a fraction of the price (just gone up to 15 quid a year for our plot) and well looked after. They used to have a problem with travellers breaking in but by coincidence, I'd made inroads into the travellers separately by dealing with landowners and the sites they used to frequent have now been sealed off. Touch wood, there have been a few less problems since.

Looks like it’s going to be productive mate 👍🏻 Yous have done a great job way that

Reactions: Bam
If we took them both they would lead each other astray, the boy is a lot more chilled and just wants to be with his people. Its a different ROE in the back garden, we also have a black cat and between the dugs trying to dig the grass and the cat nawsing up the dogs it can get busy.

Ours have learned that if they want a little extra attention they just need to flatten some of our leeks or garlic. 😡

They tend to grow well in barren stony soil....and they're particularly good fried in salted butter along with a bit of garlic mashed potato and a braised shoulder of lamb sitting in its own juices.....Hungry yet Andy?

• Love
Reactions: Bam
They tend to grow well in barren stony soil....and they're particularly good fried in salted butter along with a bit of garlic mashed potato and a braised shoulder of lamb sitting in its own juices.....Hungry yet Andy?

I'm a big fan of leeks myself Mike, I put them in a lot of stuff. Aye, that does sound braw.

Back