• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The big switch off

Ark79

Site Manager
The wif just told me about this , apparently we switch everything of in the house for ten minutes to show the power companies that we’re not happy with the cost of power? Anyone else heard about this ? Am game so I’ll be doing it 👍🏻

Turn of at 22:00 tonight for 10 minutes

apparently Spain has had a go at this and they’ve now got there energy bills down to 2019 prices. I’m not sure if this is true or not ? It supposedly causes havoc with the board 🤷🏼‍♂️ Again this is all hear say , it’s circulating all over face book tho.

As long as the switch back on doesn’t cause mass blackouts or a huge surge.
I suspect that with the way our energy market is set up it would have minimal effect on the companies that we deal with for our household supply and pay our bills to. It will have more effect on the actual generation companies that generate and wholesale the electricity.
Edit, I will watch with interest from the top of the hill but I doubt it will go dark, for many people it will depend on what is on telly.

As long as the switch back on doesn’t cause mass blackouts or a huge surge.
I suspect that with the way our energy market is set up it would have minimal effect on the companies that we deal with for our household supply and pay our bills to. It will have more effect on the actual generation companies that generate and wholesale the electricity.

Reading between the lines, I think it’s a polite chap at the door to say hello….if had a quick nosey on google and it looks like Spains prices have dropped however there isn’t anything referencing to this

POWER
On the news the Frogs only have a 4% cost increase.
That's a conversation stopper.

The Sunak Saga is much worse than the cost of Wall Paper.
With the on going plague premature mask stupidity and self inflicted fuel shortage and the cost of electricity it seems like abandonment to me.

Last edited:
As much as I hate to be a Casandra and prophet of doom I can foresee civil unrest over the coming months as the cost of living crisis really begins to bite the public. A large percentage of the population were only just getting by before the price hikes. The £200 fuel rebate won’t even touch the sides of the hole that rising energy prices are going to create in most household incomes.
Bloody winter of discontent all over again when the energy price cap rises again in October 😱

Personally I think it was literally a shot in the dark , don’t hold much hope , apparently it’s 9 million the big cats get every 10 minutes so if this is true then that 10 minute break was reasonably affective.

Just been having a look around about this.
There are suggestions that this should become a weekly event.......until the companies sit up and take notice
After reading that the private companies pull in 9million every ten minutes.......I could be persuaded to join in on the next "switch off"

Apparently it has worked for Spain?

Just been having a look around about this.
There are suggestions that this should become a weekly event.......until the companies sit up and take notice
After reading that the private companies pull in 9million every ten minutes.......I could be persuaded to join in on the next "switch off"

Apparently it has worked for Spain?

Exactly what’s kicking about Facebook bill , Spain is apparently paying 2019 prices however I’m still looking for more information on this but can’t find anything that suggests the 10 min switch off helped in Spain tho I don’t suspect the media outside Facebook would run with that 🤷🏼‍♂️ Only surmising as I’ve no clue 😂

Back