• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
I've done my fair share of turning on a pole lathe and a wee bit of hurdle making but there are some guys around who are producing awesome country furniture with these simple tools.

I've done my fair share of turning on a pole lathe and a wee bit of hurdle making but there are some guys around who are producing awesome country furniture with these simple tools.
I have thought of making one of these pole lathes for a long time now, but something usually comes up to distract me & then I forget all about it. I suppose if I was really interested I would make one, but I can't think of anything that would be worth my while making on a pole lathe.
Keith.

I've done a lot of bodging in the past but it had nothing to do with pole lathes, probably got a different meaning here!:lol:

I've done a lot of bodging in the past but it had nothing to do with pole lathes, probably got a different meaning here!:lol:
Yes I remember that term being used as in "he bodged it" or "a bodgy job", I assume that in some way this came from the real woodland Bodger.
Keith.

Back