• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The crazy things you find in the woods

ValderOutdoors

Slightly Talkative
Up early and out the door by 8am. After a nice walk through the one side of the glen, I need to cross the river so walked along the dual carriageway and saw this.
IMG_20210213_083511.jpg

Did a quick check to see if there was anyone inside, but instantly saw the police tape.
IMG_20210213_083525.jpg

So continued on to the other side.
IMG_20210213_124535_872.jpg

Nice little trail, with a view down to the river.
IMG_20210213_124616_233.jpg

I found a nice spot, and set up the shelter and stove. Time for coffee and a bite to eat.
IMG_20210213_124730_579.jpg

IMG_20210213_124937_534.jpg

IMG_20210213_124836_847.jpg

Then it was time to pack up, head home and most importantly leave no trace.
IMG_20210213_125046_370.jpg

Never seen that car. Is that down by the expressway?
We went a walk (aka scramble/clamber) down past Fiddler's Falls and along to Castle Falls but tbh I can't be bothered video editing tonight. Maybe later after a few rums! :)
Here's one pic of us at the partially frozen Castle Falls. Daniel was too warm and took his jacket off!! lol

20210213-IMG_4835.jpg

Never seen that car. Is that down by the expressway?
We went a walk (aka scramble/clamber) down past Fiddler's Falls and along to Castle Falls but tbh I can't be bothered video editing tonight. Maybe later after a few rums! :)
Here's one pic of us at the partially frozen Castle Falls. Daniel was too warm and took his jacket off!! lol

View attachment 30843
Yeah down by the expressway. Awesome photo mate.

Strange things found in the woods.....well if you ever come across this lot....and they have run oot of alcohol.....now playing deliverance sound track.....be afraid....be very afraid😁

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 74
Hi Valders that's a great picture, I hope no one was hurt.
Your sausage, bacon and eggs look so yummy. Nice pictures once again of your time outdoors.;)

Hi Valders your outdoor posts have really impressed me and it's helped me purchase an ohuhu stove and a wooden cup like the ones in your pictures.
With my ohuhu stove what size pan should I purchase.
Any advice will be most helpful.

Hi Valders your outdoor posts have really impressed me and it's helped me purchase an ohuhu stove and a wooden cup like the ones in your pictures.
With my ohuhu stove what size pan should I purchase.
Any advice will be most helpful.
If you got the ohuhu that came with the grill plate then anything will fit. I use pots from 4"-7" as the ohuhu is pretty versatile.

That's a good looking scran Valder, good drills, and in cast iron, I struggle with fried eggs in them but apart from that cast iron is ace, if you've mastered fried eggs I'm all ears.

Strange things found in the woods.....well if you ever come across this lot....and they have run oot of alcohol.....now playing deliverance sound track.....be afraid....be very afraid😁
Just remember the camera adds 10 pounds and I had a couple of Kodaks for brekky, oh and a Canon, and a couple of polaroids....:oopsy:

Nothing like hacking at a piece of wood.....sat by the fire...... to create a master piece :D
Like a bit of wood carving.....relaxing and passes the time nicely.

Being a left hander.....I have to be carful when ordering some the tools.

Any projects in mind guys?

Taking your thread off topic Vlad.....for which I apologise :)

If you and @Bam are looking for a roughing out/camp use hand hatchet? ..........this one looks quite good for the money :thumbsup:

Back