• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The Dandelion

Bushcraft Rob

Very Addicted
The dandelion ? the backyard weed a curse when it goes to seed BUT what a useful plant it is from being edible leaves, flowers roots used for coffee etc and has a load of medicinal uses, I'm not one for the copy and pasting thing so just go and do a search on uses of the dandelion plant you'll be surprised ;)

The dandelion ? the backyard weed a curse when it goes to seed BUT what a useful plant it is from being edible leaves, flowers roots used for coffee etc and has a load of medicinal uses, I'm not one for the copy and pasting thing so just go and do a search on uses of the dandelion plant you'll be surprised ;)
been there and done that Rob, even down wine, also eaten stinging nettles

ya there's lots of wild free stuff out there to be had the trick is knowing whats safe and what to look for
Agreed, about 3 years ago on here there was a thread about the dangers of eating wild garlic, something I had been doing for years in soups and stews. I can only think they were eating bluebell bulbs which can be a bit toxic. Fresh young beech leaves, likewise cherry and blackthorn leaves and flowers, as you sais there are numerous plants out there AS LONG AS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Agreed, about 3 years ago on here there was a thread about the dangers of eating wild garlic, something I had been doing for years in soups and stews. I can only think they were eating bluebell bulbs which can be a bit toxic. Fresh young beech leaves, likewise cherry and blackthorn leaves and flowers, as you sais there are numerous plants out there AS LONG AS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING
saying that Bluebell bulbs make a glue how I'm not going there ;)

saying that Bluebell bulbs make a glue how I'm not going there ;)
yep they were used in arrow fletchings and the process was to chew them and mix it with saliva but and I repeat but you never ever swallow the debris

Glad you put that up ;)
simply because I'm passing on information but I will not be held responsible should any member get it wrong. UNLESS YOU ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CONFIDENT IN IDENTIFYING PLANTS ROOTS AND LEAVES INCLUDING FUNGI PLEASE ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION

simply because I'm passing on information but I will not be held responsible should any member get it wrong. UNLESS YOU ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CONFIDENT IN IDENTIFYING PLANTS ROOTS AND LEAVES INCLUDING FUNGI PLEASE ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION
My way of thinking do your homework if ya don't then get a X (thats not a kiss well maybe bye bye )

There is strong evidence that they can help prevent cancer and even turn it around.
They are apparently doing a lot of research on it at the moment.

Back