• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
Planet_earth_460x276.jpg

Time is fast running out to stop irreversible climate change, a group of global warming experts warns today. We have only 100 months to avoid disaster. Andrew Simms explains why we must act now - and where to begin.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/aug/01/climatechange.carbonemissions

lonewolf

Neo Luddite Prepared Survivalist.
there are many people, I know one or two, who don't believe climate change is real, they think its a tax ploy, I think seasons have changed since I was a kid, now they all seem the same, just one running into the next with little change.

greenbear

Extremely Addicted
The bigger issues here are that climate change has become an industry and, as such, developed a moneymaking agenda of its own, rather than working towards a solution (if there is one out there) and that governments are more interested in their own wellbeing and the making of money for a country than putting sensible measures in place (another runway at Heathrow anyone?).

You can walk everywhere and live a 17th century life but it will not make a jot of difference unless we all do it.

Keith

Very Addicted
The bigger issues here are that climate change has become an industry and, as such, developed a moneymaking agenda of its own, rather than working towards a solution (if there is one out there) and that governments are more interested in their own wellbeing and the making of money for a country than putting sensible measures in place (another runway at Heathrow anyone?).

You can walk everywhere and live a 17th century life but it will not make a jot of difference unless we all do it.
Large industry is causing most of the pollution. Coal powered electricity for one, mining for another. Maybe we as individuals can not turn the tide, but at the same time we do not have to be a part of the problem. I & my family live in a forest, & we plant trees & care for this forest. This should reduce our families footprint as they call it. We use solar power & wood fired heating & cooking so we are not adding to the problem either. I think if everyone did their bit, then perhaps we could lessen the impact, but unless the government forces big industry to toe the line, then our environment will continue to be polluted.
Keith.

lonewolf

Neo Luddite Prepared Survivalist.
may be we should walk everywhere? there was a report this morning on the news that said, the closer someone lives to a main road then the more at risk of getting dementia they are. I always said cities and large urban centres are bad for our health:snigger:
mind you, I think all modern life is bad for our health.