• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The hanging canteen cup

It always disturbed me, that it's impossible to hang the NATO mugs over a fire.

But I never got the Idea to drill holes in it.
In Germany they weren't flying so much around, because the Bundeswehr used a different - totally idiotic- canteen mug system.

I bought my first NATO canteen cup last year in France. I think it is larger than the Americans.

Very nice, if your last water falls into the small fire you lighted with problems in bad conditions....

In Germany and Austria we use a different system. The soldier here gets a well working hanging pot 1500ml with a good mug 500ml that works as a plate too, which one can hold very good in the hand to eat from it and even use it (for example on a stick, to make it longer) as a small frying pan.

The Wehrmacht used additional a very small cup which was attached over the bottle's closure to protect it against dirt and shock, the Austrians currently use additional a normal NATO canteen cup system, and as I said, the Bundeswehr used additional a totally idiotic canteen- mug system.
I guess, they stopped drinking because of that, I don't see a new system.

Back