• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The mans on a mission 🤔😁

Right it’s decided,,, am taking up GOLF !! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nae fish, got all excited when my bite alarm started beeping , tad too exited as I lifted into it to quickly 👎

that’s fishing…….. still pish tho 🙄😂

Right it’s decided,,, am taking up GOLF !! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nae fish, got all excited when my bite alarm started beeping , tad too exited as I lifted into it to quickly 👎

that’s fishing…….. still pish tho 🙄😂
No, no, no Mark……GOLF! That is so wrong, just spoils a good walk. 👍

That's why its called fishing and not catching...Best of luck Mark, there is a record winning fish lurking in there, I'm sure of it.
I was watching a bloody massive trout feeding in the River Iron earlier, the water is so low and clear its unbelievable...Pity that you're not coming down here for the meet next month, I could have shown you around the lake at Llandrindod wells (Massive carp hide in there!) Or if you'd prefer the hidden lake Pant-y-Lynn (wild carp) Both of them have day passes available

@Ark79

The day will come Mark when you make contact with a big'un :thumbsup: the fish of a life time.:)
I know absolutely nothing with regards to Carp/lake fishing.....but did go along with a friend years ago for a day.
I can remember he set me up using a "Hair Rig" using boilies that he made himself fished on the bottom......managed to land two decent fish with that set up and method.....pure luck I think :rofl:

What method are you using mate?.........would a change maybe help?

That's why its called fishing and not catching...Best of luck Mark, there is a record winning fish lurking in there, I'm sure of it.
I was watching a bloody massive trout feeding in the River Iron earlier, the water is so low and clear its unbelievable...Pity that you're not coming down here for the meet next month, I could have shown you around the lake at Llandrindod wells (Massive carp hide in there!) Or if you'd prefer the hidden lake Pant-y-Lynn (wild carp) Both of them have day passes available

Your a blood big teeeeez 🙄😁

What method are you using mate?.........would a change maybe help?

mono hair rig buddy with a running lead over 1 metre or tungsten tubing up the main line to lay it flat…. Also a hook bead to kick the hair out… also a mesh pva bag with some chopped up boilies,hemp and maz

might try a pop up rig, or half boilie and half pop up so the hook is more buoyant but still remains on the bottom.

That pop up rig sounds like it may be worth a go Mark :thumbsup:
Are you into making your own boilies mate ?

That pop up rig sounds like it may be worth a go Mark :thumbsup:
Are you into making your own boilies mate ?

A think I will give the pop up rig a go, something about sitting by a rod making up rigs and then getting a take on them…. Exiting 😁

I did make my own baits a few years back bill, however buddy where I fish now doesn’t allow homemade baits, I don’t mind right enough there’s plenty on the market lol

Have you thought about getting a home "Worm Farm" on the go Mark?
Would not have to be a big affair just for personal use?
I put a post up somewhere......I think in one of @Madriverrob threads.....how to....... and care for video 🤔 :)

Have you thought about getting a home "Worm Farm" on the go Mark?
Would not have to be a big affair just for personal use?
I put a post up somewhere......I think in one of @Madriverrob threads.....how to....... and care for video 🤔 :)

not something I used mate, but a know people who do,,, could make a few £ on that lol

Best get designing/making one then mate...........free bait on hand.......and the possibility of earning a few bob to put towards other tackle and bits 🤔 :D

Ahhh blissful 😁
D00ADA94-10FF-4663-9E51-9C389181DC80.jpeg

Brew on.......tight lines mate :thumbsup:

looks like you have a nice day for it Mark :)
Anymore around the pond?

Brew on.......tight lines mate :thumbsup:

looks like you have a nice day for it Mark :)
Anymore around the pond?

Cheers bill 👍🏻
brew is on Mucker, yup it’s a fine day 😁 just need some luck now lol

There’s a few around the pond bill but you would never know it’s that quiet….. just the odd doof of the weights hitting the water and a few beeps from setting the alarms….. oh and a few fish jumping around, so I know there’s fish 😂

it’s blissful Mucker 😁😁

Never catch fish in a Mill Pond Mike :sneaky: 🤭..........but there......don't want to put him off.....a?:D

Back