• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The Martindale Golok / Machete modded for survival.

lee

Slightly Obsessed
just a few more bits to add. . . Some pain killers, whistle, tin foil and water purification tabs.

Will be keeping this new set up in the camping kit box, and also using it on survival nights out sleeping under just a tarp or traditional shelter, everything needed for a few nights all together in one place ;) easy to pack in a 30 litre backpack with a sleeping bag, survival shelter, some snacks and drinks ;)

The white stuff in the zip bag is 10 sheets of toilet roll, I pack this now instead of cotton wool, when lip balm is added it's as good as cotton wool for tinder plus toilet roll can be used for an emergency cut dressing when used with the surgical tape and to wipe your backside in the woods, ever tried that with cotton wool? :rofl:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

just a few more bits to add. . . Some pain killers, whistle, tin foil and water purification tabs.

Will be keeping this new set up in the camping kit box, and also using it on survival nights out sleeping under just a tarp or traditional shelter, everything needed for a few nights all together in one place ;) easy to pack in a 30 litre backpack with a sleeping bag, survival shelter, some snacks and drinks ;)

The white stuff in the zip bag is 10 sheets of toilet roll, I pack this now instead of cotton wool, when lip balm is added it's as good as cotton wool for tinder plus toilet roll can be used for an emergency cut dressing when used with the surgical tape and to wipe your backside in the woods, ever tried that with cotton wool? :rofl:

View attachment 9677 View attachment 9678 View attachment 9679
That's a nice little set up Lee

Like I say very handy for short trips and saves me filling my pockets with various bits, great to keep in the camping kit box with cutlery and cookware etc as the golok will process fire wood for small camp fires easily.

Kelley and I already gave similar set ups and now the boys are older than can use this as their all in one system.

Like I say very handy for short trips and saves me filling my pockets with various bits, great to keep in the camping kit box with cutlery and cookware etc as the golok will process fire wood for small camp fires easily.

Kelley and I already gave similar set ups and now the boys are older than can use this as their all in one system.
True

. . . . I think they come with a DPM sheath, but are out of stock on the green sheaths I guess a call them to check will sort it.

Ref Goloks: Has anybody else watched Wessex Blades on you tube? He is seriously on a downer about the quality control at Martindale's.

Ref Goloks: Has anybody else watched Wessex Blades on you tube? He is seriously on a downer about the quality control at Martindale's.

Well all I can say is I've yet to break mine and it's been put to the test, maybe the new ones are junk

For some reason my iPad won't let me post!

Not sure I would choose to use toilet paper as a wound dressing; it's by design fibrous which could cause subsequent infection issues. Possibly wise that if youre carrying a knife then a first aid Kit should be with you, it doesn't have to be bulky so and some of its contents can be used in an emergency for other purposes, such as Tinder.

Also Ref the MartinDale golok then my understanding is that they were all produced with 13" blades and unless it is stamped with their crocodile then it isn't one of theirs and they made ALL of ones issued to the army.

That doesn't mean your machete is inferior and you seem happy with it but it does mean your experience may not be typical of someone sourcing an official martindale item.

Back