• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

The Most Likely Scenarios To Prep For

Prime

Very Addicted
Agree completely I think the point that i was making was no where in the UK is really that remote and REMOVED from outside influences and potential contamination. But I agree it would stand a far better chance than city dwellers.

greenbear

Extremely Addicted
i'm not sure if quoting AIDS is an accurate way of assessing this, there was an awful lot of "don't mention this-don't scare the horses" sort of attitude, also like you say that was the 80s, over 30 years ago, things and news reporting has moved on since then, we now have 24 hour news and like I said every time some celebrity farts its reported on the news.
unless of course there is a massive power grid failure and then you know somethings up and should take appropriate action!!

Would you trust the media and the government to be any more truthful these days than they were during the AIDS awareness campaign? The media have an agenda and so very often key things are barely reported - for example did you know that last week immediately after the majority of Aleppo fell that the Russians had military police on the streets to keep law and order? No, neither did I until I watched Al Jazeera one morning this week out of utter boredom - we don't always get the news.

lonewolf

Neo Luddite Prepared Survivalist.
no I wouldn't trust the media any more than I trust politicians, but news is reported over and over again with all the 24hour news channels - I don't think we had 24 hour news in the 80s. I wouldn't trust the BBC they are just the governments mouthpiece, that's why we watch alternative news outlets.

Keith

Very Addicted
Every time I turn on the radio, which is usually when I am washing the dishes or cooking dinner, all I get is SPORT!!! I hate normal sports!
Just to change our present focus on diseases, what are your thoughts on an Alien invasion? Not likely because earth has only a limited lifespan anyway? I can't believe that an Alien craft would travel all this way just for a look see, there must be some other purpose than just exploration for the hell of it. Anyway, it is something that I keep in mind however unlikely it may be.
Keith.

lonewolf

Neo Luddite Prepared Survivalist.
if Aliens have got any sense they will take one look at what humans have done to this planet and stay a million light years away from us.

greenbear

Extremely Addicted
no I wouldn't trust the media any more than I trust politicians, but news is reported over and over again with all the 24hour news channels - I don't think we had 24 hour news in the 80s. I wouldn't trust the BBC they are just the governments mouthpiece, that's why we watch alternative news outlets.

I watch alternative media outlets for the same reason, but I am still constantly surprised by how much we don't get told.

Ystranc

Pretty prophetic thread here.
I'm bumping it because a guest was viewing it but have to add that the current pandemic has been worsened by governments worldwide being unwilling to close borders in a timely fashion because they feared economic damage or damage to a political agenda.....for example the Delta variant that was allowed to travel to the UK from India because both governments were persuing a trade deal at the time and closing the border would have been politically inconvenient.
Don't expect governments to be capable of grasping the magnitude of their actions/lack of action until they're actually being held to account by a public inquiry or voters.

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Pretty prophetic thread here.
I'm bumping it because a guest was viewing it but have to add that the current pandemic has been worsened by governments worldwide being unwilling to close borders in a timely fashion because they feared economic damage or damage to a political agenda.....for example the Delta variant that was allowed to travel to the UK from India because both governments were persuing a trade deal at the time and closing the border would have been politically inconvenient.
Don't expect governments to be capable of grasping the magnitude of their actions/lack of action until they're actually being held to account by a public inquiry or voters.
The people at higher levels of society, the elites if you want to name them, I am not sure they care to be honest trade deals come first these people will never need a food bank or live on min wage, no longer represent the rel people

38thfoot

Very Addicted
To be fair to the government the delta variant almost certainly came back with returning British nationals and did so before it was a Variant of Concern. Given that naming of variant was done by initial country of detection it’s also possible that it didn’t originate in India; the scientific thinking for example is the Alpha (formerly Kent) variant originated in Brazil or possibly Spain or Portugal.