• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland The Quest to Aviemore FEB 2nd -9th 2019

Bog in a bag...they are compostable, and have a solidifying agent therein.........arguably with a differing seat and frame......
(sorry, you weren't asking me...:oopsy:)

Bog in a bag...they are compostable, and have a solidifying agent therein.........arguably with a differing seat and frame......
(sorry, you weren't asking me...:oopsy:)

Am asking anyone lol ....cheers for that matey a will have a look for them

Hi Mark.

Adding to Lols post ^^^^^

If the seat is being used while camping from the car have a look at this one in the link below mate??
Better for the little ones to use also.

Portable Folding Outdoor Toilet With Hygiene & Sanitation 10 Black Plastic Bags | eBay

The one you have linked to is the more packable item for sure...........but those legs will not offer much stability on soft forest floors and will sink in.
The seat is not at all comfortable either........not much needed tuck in room if you get my drift:whistle:

When on the move or just out for a day....you can spread the bag and use on the floor on its own.......just a thought buddy.

I will be taking my seat to Scotland........always kept clean after use......you are welcome to use it on the trip just buy some bags :)

That's the one I was meaning (they were on the "what others are looking at" or similar, section) :thumbsup:...just the bags from Bog in a Bag are better...the others are just thin plastic bin bags...not compostable.

@Matt and @gavin :thumbsup:

We know what plan "A" is for our stay in Scotland.
You have also hinted at a plan "B".....even "C"........... if conditions and roads in/out are bad making travel difficult.

If both of you have any pictures of either or all..... can you put some up for us to get an appreciation of the terrain that shows available space for pitching/hanging?
Although packing for every eventuality it would be a bonus to get an idea of what we are going to be in amongst.

Also add a list of the alternatives...."B" and "C" you are considering so we can research ourselves.

@1 shot willie ...

I do expect us to be able to execute plan A to the fullest even if it mean,s we have to carry kit in to the Loch side/forest loch side ....the main roads to the ski center will be kept clear as well as the A9 ....(not accounting for un seasonal amounts of snow ) ...(i will look at the road cameras on the A9 BEFORE we leave lancaster to make sure the road is clear ):thumbsup: ps the last time me and @gavin went to avimore the area we planned to set up in was below the snow fall level ..Personally i dont think we are going to have to many issues with Plan A ....but its always best to have a fall back plan or 2 ;):whistle:

plan B would come into affect if we get there and its knee deep in snow and a walk into the forest was dangerous for us or vehicles ...thats when i would make a decision to set up in the public parking area (which we showed you on google earth ) :thumbsup:...ultimately i can not make the decision for the rest of the lads

plan c :eek:...this plan would come into effect if the A9 is closed due to snow fall if this was the situation on the morning we plan on leaving Lancaster then i will prob make a b line for the east side of Loch Lomand ...:alert:.....BUT lets face it the A9 is one of the main routes through Scotland and is very seldom shut :thumbsup:

but let me say this these plans are what i will probably do in each situation :cool:....but what you do is your choice :)

Last edited:
evening ladies my new tent arrived on Saturday for the trip got a right Bargin for a quality tent. I shall put pictures up and a review once we get a dry day.

as for plan a b c I reckon we won't know until we leave Lancaster as to how much snow fall has been or too come. cause we don't want to get up there then they close the gates behind us and not be able to get back

Back