• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland The Quest to Aviemore FEB 2nd -9th 2019

picture taken today

@Matt @WildWood1965 @gavin

How did yous find the tarp set up with the bed chair in cold weather?.........it’s my preferred way for February and am thinking it will suit for most conditions ie ground leve and weather.. I don’t have a problem with digging snow or levelling ground.. The reason for me asking is I have just found the tent I was taking and it’s a bit worse for wear (packed away wet:oopsy:) so I will have to buy a new one.....lesson learned lol.... if I can get away with the set up yous guys used then I can leave of buying a new tent until next year. All and any info required....stressing slightly 😅

it’s not a major problem buying a new tent 👍

How did yous find the tarp set up with the bed chair in cold weather?.........it’s my preferred way for February and am thinking it will suit for most conditions ie ground leve and weather.. I don’t have a problem with digging snow or levelling ground.. The reason for me asking is I have just found the tent I was taking and it’s a bit worse for wear (packed away wet:oopsy:) so I will have to buy a new one.....lesson learned lol.... if I can get away with the set up yous guys used then I can leave of buying a new tent until next year. All and any info required....stressing slightly 😅

ive used a camp bed and tarp each time ive been up and not had any issues :)....but i will be taking a tent as well just in case we have real bad weather

ive used a camp bed and tarp each time ive been up and not had any issues :)....but i will be taking a tent as well just in case we have real bad weather

A would prefer camp bed and tarp mate....hopefully the weather and area will play ball lol....I will need help to set the tarp up if you would be so kind:)

So.......I have a strong feeling we are in for a hard Winter when it gets here..............my seaweed is shriveled and my pine cones are closed :D:D ................what are your thoughts guys.??

So.......I have a strong feeling we are in for a hard Winter when it gets here..............my seaweed is shriveled and my pine cones are closed :D:D ................what are your thoughts guys.??

i think it maybe a few weeks away before it gets going :xmas-cool::xmas-cool:..but i think when it gets here we are all going to see some white stuff :xmas-mask::xmas-mask:

put my last few orders in with the family for specific xmass pressies :xmas-cool:...got a few bits to order for after the big day then i can sit down and do a total rejig of the packs and get all kit squared away :xmas-cool:....

this trip will soon be on us guys :whistle:

Yes.....been mulling over the pack situation myself Matt.

I can't see me packing anything until a few days before we leave, but all the kit will be ready to go into the packs.

Re the sleds........not seen them yet......I'm guessing you can get two packs on them comfortably?

Yes.....been mulling over the pack situation myself Matt.

I can't see me packing anything until a few days before we leave, but all the kit will be ready to go into the packs.

Re the sleds........not seen them yet......I'm guessing you can get two packs on them comfortably?
Sleds big enough to take a 120 ltr bergen layed down...

Good plan mate 👍

My kit will probably be in 3 smaller packs (manageable weight for my back) and a large heavy-duty nylon holdall.
If it is to long a hike in............ I could be the trips carpark attendant for the duration :D:D:xmas-cool:

Back